GM Heritage Center drops vehicle infomation kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Guess the classic crowd don't matter to GM anymore. I went to my book mark to access my link to the vehicle infomation kits to look something up to find out that stuff is gone with nothing found in the site search. I'm lucky I've down loaded all the Chevy 2nd, 3rd, & 4th gen A/G body kits but can't have access to any other ones now. It was great being able to do a quick search of GM's own info on the cars for features, options & codes. Now it's just showing off the company GM used to be. Another outlet for useful info is gone now.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
That's too bad. I remember downloading them as something would come up, but, don't think I ever wholesale downloaded what was there.

Wonder what the reasoning was.... the shift to further embracing the general millennial ev-biased mentality?

Or is it about abandoning support and ties to anything internal combustion related for the woke crowd, where, anything old is gross, polluting, and needs to be suppressed then destroyed?

Maybe it's a cost cutting thing, not worth the upkeep, bandwidth, and costs for giving away something 'free?

Then again. A monetized kit may be coming soon to a place near you.

Reactions: 1 user

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Can we put together the whole set?

I have:
78 and 85 Monte Carlo.
79 and 80 Malibu.

Thought I had some El Camino ones but I am not finding them.

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
are you guys talking about these?
1666618534397.png

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Guess the classic crowd don't matter to GM anymore. I went to my book mark to access my link to the vehicle infomation kits to look something up to find out that stuff is gone with nothing found in the site search. I'm lucky I've down loaded all the Chevy 2nd, 3rd, & 4th gen A/G body kits but can't have access to any other ones now. It was great being able to do a quick search of GM's own info on the cars for features, repainted options & codes. Now it's just showing off the company GM used to be. Another outlet for useful info is gone now.
Nope. Tried getting info on a Olds Cutlass my brother owned. Factory 1978,305/4 bbl -4spd/ posi. (Repainted) Found the build sheet and everything. Wanted to see how many non- 442 where made that year.” Sorry have a nice day” was about what I got.

• Sad

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I've seen the Heritage site disappear/change and then come back later so I'm not sure if it's really gone. I'm just glad I downloaded every single PDF on that page for any car/truck that was available. Now I just have to find where I stored them :doh:

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Annnnnd...... here is the definitive answer:

Screenshot_20221025-031844_Chrome.jpg

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Information = money. They're not building/selling cars, so they'll sell their information. Economics, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor