GM part #s 1987 442

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxi426

Apprentice
Sep 20, 2018
Does anyone have a GM Parts and Illustration catalog that would be willing to look up a couple of GM part numbers for my 1987 442 restoration? I've searched the internet, and I've found some early versions that people have put on line, but nothing that would cover the 87 Gbody. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
It's not like you'll have a bag of 87 442 part numbers laying around. Sometimes they fit 78-88 years, and sometimes 87/88 only, etc. Depends on the parts.

So which part numbers do you seek? Be specific. There's 30,000 parts out there that could physically fit.

Reactions: 1 user

maxi426

Apprentice
Sep 20, 2018
It's not like you'll have a bag of 87 442 part numbers laying around. Sometimes they fit 78-88 years, and sometimes 87/88 only, etc. Depends on the parts.

So which part numbers do you seek? Be specific. There's 30,000 parts out there that could physically fit.
Not sure what you mean by "a bag full of part numbers", and I'm pretty familiar with how some parts will fit many years and models, and others are quite specific. I really only need 3 numbers looked up, so if you have a GM Parts & Illustration Catalog that covers 1987 Oldsmobile G body, and would be willing to look up 3 or 4 numbers, please PM me. I would really appreciate your help.

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
Not sure what you mean by "a bag full of part numbers", and I'm pretty familiar with how some parts will fit many years and models, and others are quite specific. I really only need 3 numbers looked up, so if you have a GM Parts & Illustration Catalog that covers 1987 Oldsmobile G body, and would be willing to look up 3 or 4 numbers, please PM me. I would really appreciate your help.
Do have the part numbers so we can look up the part for you

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
How about if you PM me with the parts you seek and I can look them up for you. I have the parts book sitting right next to me here.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
No. I would like if someone could look them up so I can search for them. Please PM if you can help.
What did I miss? I can look them up if you like.

I think you're mis-understanding how this is going to work. In fact, it's the only way I work when it comes to supplying part numbers. You PM me with the parts description you are seeking or post the part names here in this thread, and I will give you the part numbers you seek. I have a book full of them.

maxi426

Apprentice
Sep 20, 2018
What did I miss? I can look them up if you like.

I think you're mis-understanding how this is going to work. In fact, it's the only way I work when it comes to supplying part numbers. You PM me with the parts description you are seeking or post the part names here in this thread, and I will give you the part numbers you seek. I have a book full of them.
PM sent. Thank you

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
99.5% of the NOS parts in those books are gone, from GM and on eBay... you might be able to find an Oldsmobile nameplate or some common cross platform mechanical and engine items like an AIR tube, fasteners, hinge or handle but that's it.
Cosmetic stuff like trim, lenses, body panels, decals and interior items are pretty much gone... you're going to have to put want ads up for that stuff and most of the hoarders aren't even selling them.
I've searched the internet about an hour a day for the last 15 years with a list of 2000 numbers, very rarely does anything comes up.
I might have some spare stuff if you're looking for anything in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor