GM Powertrain Open House/Car Show August 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwd_pete

Greasemonkey
Oct 3, 2006
Niagara Falls
We are having our16th annual Car show at the GM Powertrain plant that I work at. We build Gen V truck engines, HFV6's and 6 speed FWD automatic transmissions. Over the years the plant built Gen 1 305/350's, Gen III and Gen IV engines also. If there is a K in the engine code on the left front block deck it was built here. The show is on a Friday, for GM powered cars and we get 400+ usually. This year there is also an open house/ plant tour.
You can register for the show/tour here. There is a gallery of previous show pictures on the website.
http://www.gmpowertrain.ca/

I'll either have my 78 Malibu there, or my 56 Ford/Gen II LT1 swap.

Pete

rwd_pete

Greasemonkey
Oct 3, 2006
Niagara Falls
I assume you are talking about a car hauler trailer. Yes, there is lots of room. The show is on the grass where an office building once was. There was lots of shaddy big trees, but they just had to remove a bunch (Ash boring bug), but you can still get a shady spot if you are early. The paved former office building parking lot is a staging area for the show with lots of trailer room. If the go to 570 Glendale Ave., St.Catharines, Ont. on Google maps you can see the plant layout. Car show is in the top left corner park area.
Hope you can make it.
Pete

thepcsurgeon

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2013
Orange County, NY
Thanks Pete. Trying to find out the particulars about transporting my car across the border. Customs and Border Patrol is VERY helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rwd_pete

Greasemonkey
Oct 3, 2006
Niagara Falls
I go annually with a friend with his race car to Summit Motorsport Park in Ohio on Labour Day weekend . The border patrol usually asks him to open the side door to check it out. That's about all.
We are about 10 miles from the border at Niagara Falls or Lewiston Bridges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor