GM STRIKE ENDS!! I need some parts. Finally.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Just an FYI! GM strike is over. Ford and Chrysler may be next, though.

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Just an FYI! GM strike is over. Ford and Chrysler may be next, though.
Good news. I haven't enjoyed the no progress of Flow Chevrolet shipping me the left fender, the bumper and the bumper cover for my truck.

Kennybill

Master Mechanic
Mar 17, 2010
Braceville, Ohio
I live 3 miles from the closed GM Lordstown, Oh plant. I listen to them on local talk radio and they feel the international union sold them out and they were voting no. No car coming to Lordstown plant, maybe part of the plant "may" assemble electric car batteries employing a few hundred. Work Horse, an electric truck/utility vehicle "developer" is looking to possibly build electric vehicles.
20190309_153055.jpg 20190309_153049.jpg

Kennybill

Master Mechanic
Mar 17, 2010
Braceville, Ohio
Talk about resurrecting the dead, err I mean thread. I was scrounging some Olds brackets and pulleys at my off-site buildings and I took the 1 mile longer way home. I drove around the Lordstown plant, now called Lordstown Motors. It's a huge facility. IMO, a modern, up to date plant. It was sold to "Workhorse Motors" by GM for like $25 or $50 million, can't remember but it was CHEAP! I know a lot of people that worked there. It would cost near 2 billion to duplicate the plant, imo. It sold with everything in there, just like they shut it down. GM even lent Workhorse the money to buy the plant. Hmmm, I am a conspiracy theorist. This plant has everything going for it. Railroad loading, access to both I76 & I80, great location, more customers in a 500 miles radius,(one day by Semi) than anywhere in the USA. There was a large wooded area behind the plant and Ohio Rt 45. Notice I said "was", GM bought the area and is clearing the area for a new Battery Plant!!!??? Why, I don't know but I believe the fix is in. Even though the new electric truck maker is called "Lordstown Motors" the parent Company is "Workhorse." I "hear" the first years production is all ready sold. I know "someone" who bought 500 shares of Workhorse back in Jan. for $3.66 per share. It's @ $21 presently. They are pushing to get the Post Office vehicle order of 185,000 vehicles. V.P. Mike Pence was at an unveiling of their vehicles 2 weeks ago.
20200704_123542.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Kennybill

Master Mechanic
Mar 17, 2010
Braceville, Ohio

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor