condition: good
cylinders: 6 cylinders
fuel: gas
paint color: black
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: sedan
The actual mileage is 12717 miles. I bought this car at the Motoexoctica auction in St Loius 8 years ago. Had plans of turning it into a show car just had too many projects on my plate. After much deliberation, I have decided to let her go to a home that someone can finish and enjoy. I guess you could consider this a barn find.

Pros: Absolutely 100% original and unmolested. Everything is there just needs some work. Could drive tomorrow with new tires. Glass perfect, no rust, straight body, and panels. Runs excellent. Interior upholstery and carpet excellent. All door close tight and crisp as a new car.

Cons: needs sweeps on window replaced, wipers and tires due to age. The bumper fillers are cracked and need replacing. I took the rear one out already. This is a common problem and can be fixed easily. Rims have a few minor spots of rust. Tiny crack left corner front dash. One tiny ping on drivers door. One small mark on passengers door interior panel. Antena broke off and remote mirror toggle is gone. The paint job is acceptable, especially for a 31 yo car. The headliner is 90% tight few sags.

I have tried to describe as honest as possible.

This car is not one you will find every day and most people don't let them go. I have way too many cars and toys and its time to start letting them go. Please text me if you have any questions.

You can go to my facebook page and see more pics and a video of the motor running.

Go to YouTube to hear the engine run. https://youtube/hTHZhlPy0KI

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Sounds like too many small things for a car that was supposed be parked for most of it's life. He bought is used 8 years ago so there is no knowledge of the car's first 20 years of life so how does he know there is 12,717 and not 112,717

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

1 RARE T

Master Mechanic
Jul 14, 2015
Get more pics so we can destroy his claim of 12K miles.

Exhaust isn't stock, sits too high front and rear.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Definite pass. Sounds and looks like a 112k mile car that wasn't particularly cared for.

Anyone who had a 12k mile gn wouldn't remove the factory spare and trunk kit (bet carpet was stained and dirty) and if the chrome rims were able to rust, then, in a best case scenario if it was 12k, that underside must be full of scale rot and corrosion and undo any premium the low miles should get. Even a poorly stored car wouldn't have the dew wipes fail - they can harden but only crack after lots of up/down after being hard. If it was stored all those years they weren't in the sun to dry/crack (or paint would damage too)....

Nope, priced about 12k too high on that one....

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have seen 87' GN's with higher mileage around here for the same price but they were in near showroom condition and needed nothing.
Seems to need a lot of work for the claimed mileage

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Barrett Jackson dreams.

Forgot to add the "hit it with a hose" glamour shots are always an indication of a well cared for vehicle.

• Agree

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I would think that price is the upper end of the spectrum. It certainly does not look like a one owner cream puff.
The car certainly is not Barrett-Jackson material by any stretch.

• Agree

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor