GNX Reproduction Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Without the spacer, I had one side less than 1/8" from the frame while the other side had about 1/4". I felt that was a little too close.
Oh it's close but no rubbing and I drive it like I stole it

Reactions: 1 user

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
My chassis only has 75K miles on it so I still have original bushings in the rear. They still all appear fine. But, I was afraid with only 1/8" of clearance on that one side, I might get enough side-to-side movement to cause a rub. So I opted for the 1/4" spacers. I used high quality ones.

Reactions: 1 user

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
My chassis only has 75K miles on it so I still have original bushings in the rear. They still all appear fine. But, I was afraid with only 1/8" of clearance on that one side, I might get enough side-to-side movement to cause a rub. So I opted for the 1/4" spacers. I used high quality ones.
I did new bushing 18 years ago body and suspension so maybe that's why I don't rub

nickonometry

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2019
Are you still using a stock width rear end?
What size tire are you running?

The Malibu I did has an OE 7.5 housing, 27" tall tire, & @ >/=3" drop w/the tire tucked into the well using the previously mentioned 8" wheel/4.25bs combo. Didn't think there was that much diff between body styles but apparently there might be.
Stock rear end for now, I do have a quick performance 9" going on soon but shouldnt effect anything.

Rear tires are 265/35ZR19

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor