going from crank to power windows ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
Hello i have a question for u more knowledgeable G-body enthusiasts . I currently have a 86 Monte with crank style windows . I was wondering if there was a way for me to install power windows . I mean would it be like buying the motors and ataching them to the window tracks? Or would i actually have to go to the junk yard find a power window optioned car and take the tracks ?

anthonychacon80

Master Mechanic
May 4, 2010
I have looked into this as well and from what I understand it is easier to just get new doors. Take off the pins at the yard, get the wire harness, and just paint them to match your car and transfer the interior.

bigblockfrank

Greasemonkey
Mar 24, 2009
mt.vernon, ky
i done just the opposite. its not that big deal. drill rivets and replace them with screws. youll need motor, switches, and wiring, ect... also will need to fabe your upper door panel to fit the switches. dont need the tracks or window, there the same. remove all panels, and glass. alot easy than replacing the door. while i was at it, replace the driver door pins. the door will be lite, with out the glass, and panels. get the little boots that goes between the door and A piller.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Does anybody know a source for a replacement power window master switch pigtail :?:

I somebody needs the passenger side pigtail, I have an original one. I just want to replace my master window switch one because its old and I would like to replace it with a new "tight" one

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor