Going to look at a Harley tomorrow

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
No, not to buy it, the owner owes me money and he thinks avoiding my calls and making himself scarce will save him from paying his bill. He even moved so I guess he thinks he's got it made. His problem is he still has the same phone number and his bike just showed up on kijiji with his name and phone number to contact. He doesn't know my cell number so when my phone call about the bike went to his voicemail I sent him a text about the bike and he responded. I am meeting him tomorrow at his new home at 6 pm....:D

's

• Haha
  • Happy
Reactions: 6 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
As my health has deteriorated, I had a 17 year friend that I literally had in my estate planner to assist my wife (primary executor) or my nephew (secondary) selling all my guitars, both 442s, and my old Tacoma since he has done sales on all the above during his life. We had agreed to the proceeds going to the local Humane Society minus his 10%. Eight years my junior, he recently entered his midlife crisis, divorced his wife of over 20 years, last time he was out he borrowed a guitar he said he just needed to record a song with some friends, bought a new Harley, married a gal he met on the internet after 2 weeks, and is apparently just keeping my guitar now. I left him a poignant message a while back which he never responded to but he now apparently has a new number and he and his new biker bride have disappeared. Fortunately, it was $800 new, probably worth just $300-350 now.

Just glad I learned about his dark side BEFORE 12 guitars, amps and effects, 2 cars, and a truck ~ $100K worth of stuff made it into his possession too.

Sad this crap happens period but you think after 17 years you know someone . . . :roll:

Reactions: 3 users

FluoFerret

Greasemonkey
Apr 2, 2018
Luxembourg
The french have a proverb "Les bons comptes font les bons amis". Literally it means "Good accounts make good friends". The real french meaning behind it is: when it comes to money, don't trust anybody, and if someone shows trust in you, repay him in full with the same value but never expect the same from others ^^

Reactions: 1 users

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
I would bring some muscle with too
Few years ago did a job for a guy had to do a rear end in his truck had the truck for a year then when he picked it up wanted to pay with a check when we agreed on cash at 500 bucks some how the cops got called they said he's willing to pay with a check and I have to except his payment now by this time it was 8pm bank closed next day strait to his bank and his account had been closed for a few years so I never got my money and never knew if he got caught for writing bad checks.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
There won't be any need for muscle or a silver friend. People who try to pull this stuff off and hide are cowards or he would be on the phone telling me he's not paying. I'm not heading there to physically force him to pay but it will be fun to see the expression on his face when I show up.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor