Good deal on hooker 1 3/4 black ceramic headers on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
just for reference, available from holley for

Hooker BlackHeart 70101505-3HKR Hooker BlackHeart LS Swap Long Tube Headers - Black Ceramic Coated
The G-Body defined the 80's for many GM fans. These underpowered rides had a great look but couldn't get out of their own way. Put modern horsepower into your grocery getter with performance products from Holley. Holley has engineered a complete solution of components to put an LS engine in and...
www.holley.com
www.holley.com

i corrected my link to this one for reference.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
My 1 and 7/8 inch ceramic coated were closer to $750 if I remember correctly. So that is a very good deal. Or not...

Reactions: 1 user

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
I would be shocked if someone can find another set of coated hooker ls long tubes even close to this price. I am pretty certain they got the 5 and 7 backwards on the listing.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Don't forget to read the disclaimer for your coated headers.
NOTE -Breaking in an engine with ceramic coated headers WILL result in damage to the coating and will VOID all warranties. Ceramic coated headers require several heat cycles to fully cure before they will withstand extreme heat. Hooker recommends using cast iron exhaust manifolds or old headers to break in new engines to avoid coating damage.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Don't forget to read the disclaimer for your coated headers.
NOTE -Breaking in an engine with ceramic coated headers WILL result in damage to the coating and will VOID all warranties. Ceramic coated headers require several heat cycles to fully cure before they will withstand extreme heat. Hooker recommends using cast iron exhaust manifolds or old headers to break in new engines to avoid coating damage.
This may be true for regular hydraulic cams that require break in at 2000 to 2500 rpms for half an hour. Otherwise I wouldn't worry

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
This may be true for regular hydraulic cams that require break in at 2000 to 2500 rpms for half an hour. Otherwise I wouldn't worry
I just think it looks like an out for a coating warranty since how many people doing a LS swap are going to break in their engine with a different exhaust and then change to the coated headers afterwards.

Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I just think it looks like an out for a coating warranty since how many people doing a LS swap are going to break in their engine with a different exhaust and then change to the coated headers afterwards.
None. zero. especially since you don't have to do that with an ls.
I'm sure it is just lawyer-speak. I've never had good luck with coated headers going back to the early 90's. Jet hot rusted on me constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor