Good Headlights ???'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Just grab some of these and stick them on your car.
Screenshot_20220420-184722_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
You're mostly getting sarcastic replies because.... well, site culture.

If you consider $25 too big an investment, you're really not going to upgrade much. An LED conversion or anything exotic will cost much more.

The best thing you can do for a case like yours is buy a set of halogen replacement bulbs, sometimes rockauto has clearance sales on them, and set up the crosshairs on a flat wall so you can properly adjust the screws and aim the headlights for optimal positioning.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Ever thought about getting a pair of H4 conversion headlights? Over all more than $25 but gives you more options for type of bulbs to use.

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
never thought about it, whats good ones?
It's not something you can cheap out on. You need to make sure the housings are made of glass and dont have any plastic in them, including polished reflectors and not just painted ones.

The heat and age yellows the plastic versions fairly quickly to where a cheap basic disposable glass version will then be an upgrade over the conversion. I know first hand, I bought a fiero with a 2 year old conversion and my light output visibility range over doubled swapping in a set of $7 a piece disposables back in.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I upgraded to LEDs for about $200.00 bucks or so. I can change out the bulbs. I live in the country and what a huge difference for the money

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor