Good shop for the Long Island guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I finally got the wagon to a shop for an alignment today. Lately Ive been having a tough time finding shops that will do a quality job. One of my friends turned me on to this place and Im glad he did. The shop was spotless. I had to leave the car there this morning due to a screwup on my part about the appointment day but the owner made time to take the car in. That was a big thing since I rented a trailer to get it there.
He called me a couple of hours later to let me know the car was on the rack. I got there when he was almost finished. Covers on both fenders. He was clean. He put towels on the seat before he backed it out. He charged $165 to do the alignment and top off my power steering pump which was almost 3/4 of a qt low. I was happy.
I'll be taking the coupe there as soon as its ready. Locust Ave Garage in Bohemia. Ernie is the owner and a really nice guy to deal with.

• Winner
  • Informative
Reactions: 6 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Man, a good alignment shop is worth finding. I have one too. Rice's Auto, in Bellerose, Queens. Greg the alignment guy is the best I've seen in a long time. He always does a super job, and centers the steering wheel perfectly. My test is to drive home on Jamaica Avenue, no hands on the wheel, and it tracks like it's on rails.

Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I finally got the wagon to a shop for an alignment today. Lately Ive been having a tough time finding shops that will do a quality job. One of my friends turned me on to this place and Im glad he did. The shop was spotless. I had to leave the car there this morning due to a screwup on my part about the appointment day but the owner made time to take the car in. That was a big thing since I rented a trailer to get it there.
He called me a couple of hours later to let me know the car was on the rack. I got there when he was almost finished. Covers on both fenders. He was clean. He put towels on the seat before he backed it out. He charged $165 to do the alignment and top off my power steering pump which was almost 3/4 of a qt low. I was happy.
I'll be taking the coupe there as soon as its ready. Locust Ave Garage in Bohemia. Ernie is the owner and a really nice guy to deal with.
Thanks for posting this. I love hearing stories like this and don't hear them often enough.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor