Good Th350 Rebuild Shops in Iowa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Anyone know of any that don't suck and won't charge me hundreds of dollars for a shoddy job? I'm getting tired of my leaky slippy sloppy dirty th350 I bought for 75 bucks a year ago. It works, but with how I want to drive the car plus me having ran it low on fluid all the time Im afraid one of these days it'll leave me stranded. Or, if any of all who live close to Des Moines will sell me one? BOP bolt pattern please lol. Any info and help is appreciated.

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
Could do it yourself. Rebuild kit and rebuild manual will be cheaper than paying someone to rebuild it. TH350s are relatively simple.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
why not switch it out to an overdrive transmission...basically same amount of work and money

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
those actually help a lot, thanks! I prefer prebuilt units because right now I don't have a lot of time, money, or space to figure out how to rebuild one. I'd have to buy another transmission anyway because I still need to drive my car. A straight swap I could do in a weekend.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
http://www.bulkpart.com/2/product/AHP47001R-K-BOX-1.html Oldish thread, but I saw over on chevelles.com that this was the kit to get for a Th350. It's certainly way more complete than the ones that summit or jegs sells, what say you guys? After watching a couple videos and poking around the core I have lying around I feel mostly confident enough to try my hand at rebuilding it. What can go wrong? It's already toast.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
http://www.bulkpart.com/2/product/AHP47001R-K-BOX-1.html Oldish thread, but I saw over on chevelles.com that this was the kit to get for a Th350. It's certainly way more complete than the ones that summit or jegs sells, what say you guys? After watching a couple videos and poking around the core I have lying around I feel mostly confident enough to try my hand at rebuilding it. What can go wrong? It's already toast.

I say go for it. I've always heard that TH350's weren't that difficult to rebuild. I want to try it myself sometime. You've already got the cores. I'm sure it would be a great learning experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor