Good time to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I’ve been getting alot of e-mails from suppliers. One good one is Ecklers El Camino store, 25% off $249.00+ . Of course about the only expensive part I still need is a new headliner. . But being laid off this week, all non essential buying is on hold.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
I’ve been getting alot of e-mails from suppliers. One good one is Ecklers El Camino store, 25% off $249.00+ . Of course about the only expensive part I still need is a new headliner. . But being laid off this week, all non essential buying is on hold.
I'm still needing the upper door panels on both sides before I begin my electric window and door lock conversion. I have been following the thread on electric mirrors also, and am seriously considering that as well.

Cruiser Cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2019
east coast
Thought you meant it might be a good time to buy a new project car. Not to take advantage of others in hard times but going to be a buyers market prolly fer the next 6-12 mos or so

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm still needing the upper door panels on both sides before I begin my electric window and door lock conversion. I have been following the thread on electric mirrors also, and am seriously considering that as well.

for the upper door panels I'm in the same boat with you, 6' apart of course. I'm tired of looking for something I can use so I'm going fabricate my own

Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
for the upper door panels I'm in the same boat with you, 6' apart of course. I'm tired of looking for something I can use so I'm going fabricate my own
I was just looking at my original panels the other day figuring out how to do it. My Elco panels have a wasted glued on fake chrome moulding. Might as well try. I picked up some decent MC/SS panels, bus they have the cloth inserts.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I was just looking at my original panels the other day figuring out how to do it. My Elco panels have a wasted glued on fake chrome moulding. Might as well try. I picked up some decent MC/SS panels, bus they have the cloth inserts.

Mine has a metal piece on the top to fold over the top of the door and that had a fiber board attached to it. The whole thing is cover in upholstery. The fiber board is rotten and on the drivers side it have become detached from the metal so I plan to get 1/8" pressboard to replace the original board and I'll use glue to bond it to the metal and cover it with new upholstery

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Thought you meant it might be a good time to buy a new project car. Not to take advantage of others in hard times but going to be a buyers market prolly fer the next 6-12 mos or so
You'd never guess it from what I'm seeing on FM and CL around here, they're still asking stupid money for junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor