Goodmark Aftermarket Doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevytruc1658

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2011
North Bend, Washington
In the process of restoring my 87 442. The doors are not great so I am looking to either pick up a couple in a junk yard or buy new aftermarket doors. I have heard good things about the quality of Goodmarks aftermarket doors. I used there floors and was impressed by the gauge of metal and accuracy in the part. My question to all of you is, has anyone used their aftermarket door "shell"? and if so, is it a pain in the *ss to swap out all the power window components from the original door to the new one?

Thanks all.

Malibu Mike7981

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2018
New York
I used aftermarket door on my malibu. First i will say if your having them shipped be prepared to send them back as i went through 2 sets as they were damaged badly. Other then that they fit well. All my window regulators fit well as well as the handels and door latch. I did have to drill holes for the outer window felt. I also have put a set on a 87 grand national. Also fit well with minor adjustments. I was also concerned about how the internals would fit but honestly on both cars i had minor issues.

Reactions: 2 users

Chevytruc1658

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2011
North Bend, Washington
Thanks!

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Try to find a Goodmark dealer close enough to you so you can inspect them when they come in. I have one less than a 1/2 hour from home for example.

Reactions: 1 user

Wagonman100

Apprentice
Jun 8, 2018
If you can wait til swap meet season, you can ask a vendor that will be at a swap meet that carries them to bring them to the meet and pick them up. They will usually gladly bring them since it is a guaranteed sale. I did that with the cowl hood on my El Camino. I picked it up at Carlisle and inspected it before taking it.

Reactions: 1 users

Chevytruc1658

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2011
North Bend, Washington
That's a great idea especially since i'm months away from needing them. Thanks!

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Quality originals will always be better than repops in most ways, other than being able to find that quality original. Repop parts typically need some tweaking for fitment, but this can be far better than trying to patch a bad part.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

82HellCamino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 2, 2016
I used 2 brand new doors and they fit like a gem. a little bodywork needed but nothing major at all. All the internals fit great including the power window motors. I wanted new as all the used doors ave rot at the bottom of the shell due to bad drain design.
I used panel bond adhesive and my finger at the bottom inside between the shell and skin then POR15'd it. Now, there is a clear LEVEL passage for the water to drain to the drain holes and will never rot or rust out again. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor