Got a new turntable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife's parents asked if we wanted to look thru their lp's before they thru them out. Ended up taking about 1/2 of them. Lots of good bands from the 60's-80's. I dragged my record played out I got for Christmas of '85. We've been enjoying them and even went to a local used record store and bought a few dozen more. It's great to enjoy them while we're cooking in the kitchen.
15231925689926282684843091030829.jpg

Reactions: tc1959 and Clutch
Oh you youngsters, now this is a turntable LOL

Radio 2 by M Patterson, on Flickr

Actually my Dad bought this new in 1948, just before he and Mom got married. I inherited it and brought it out here last summer, it was DOA and turned into a winter project. Ended up replacing all the tubes and a handful of resistors.

It gets Am and only players 78 RPM records (33s and 45s weren’t available till around 1952). Where I live I get one AM station (A local CW station that has a lot of static) and there was virtually nothing was made in 78 RPM after 1960 so no rock and roll for this one.

Damn now I have to dig out my old stereo system from the shelving in the workshop...First thing I bought when I started working...aka earning my own money.
Bought each item item separately speakers , amp , tuner , turn table and a pioneer cassette deck that has been a lemon since new ( yes it has back a few times for repairs )

I still laff when I think of the speakers were marketed has book shelf speakers at 48 lbs each.......Sound Dynamic 10's a Canadian company.
and look over at my current Audioengine5's that rock the house down are the size of a carton of milk.
and are driven by a apple airport wirelessly from my macbook...........Life was more fun with wires

You guys realize that we're dating ourselves, don't you? We lived in the best music era of all time.

I don't know how many hours I spent with two turntables trying to blend all the music making 90 min cassettes to take camping....those days were the best and our campsite has the best music.....🙂

Oh you youngsters, now this is a turntable LOL

Radio 2 by M Patterson, on Flickr

Actually my Dad bought this new in 1948, just before he and Mom got married. I inherited it and brought it out here last summer, it was DOA and turned into a winter project. Ended up replacing all the tubes and a handful of resistors.

It gets Am and only players 78 RPM records (33s and 45s weren’t available till around 1952). Where I live I get one AM station (A local CW station that has a lot of static) and there was virtually nothing was made in 78 RPM after 1960 so no rock and roll for this one.

Now that's a piece of furniture....and a work of art. I remember as a kid, my dad having a standup, or upright Philco wooden cabinet radio. It had AM/ FM, SW, and LW. It didn't have a turntable, but I loved the cabinet. Wish I still had it today.

Reactions: Rktpwrd and tc1959
I do like the idea of using thumb drives to load copious amounts of music. It beats having to fumble for CD's, and cassettes. I still use cassettes as well. Some habits die hard.

Reactions: tc1959
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor