EL CAMINO Got my El Camino back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neill

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2014
Roanoke ,VA.
It's a Leer ! No, seriously, it's not like you have to marry it. I had one once and just took it on and off when I wanted to. I'd like to see what it looks like painted the body color.

Reactions: 1 user

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
So tearing into this thing deep to pull the engine and trans for the blue cutlass of mine I keep coming across the hacks this guy did. First off, no bolts on the passenger side body to frame, including core support. Only 2 bolts holding passenger fender well in. Engine has tight pushrods on passenger side with way too much preload and driver side has a couple that are loose. Thinking cam is crap at this point. Thumpr cam will take it's place if that's the case. However when dropping the header and exhaust i noticed the crossmemeber. Now I've seen home done jobs like this before but usually the exhaust isn't one piece and usually the stupid header connection will fit through it.... So unless I cut it I guess the exhaust will go to the cutlass crappy crossmemeber and all....
20201103_164940.jpg
20201103_164945.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
That's awesome. You didn't pay to much and you will be glad you did it. I hear your on selling stuff when you get a new house. When my wife and i bought our first house i sold a mint Winchester model 97. Wish i had it back

Reactions: 1 users

83StreetMachine

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2011
Central NJ
I'd cut the bottom off the rectangle channel first so it's no longer enclosed.

Then you can decide where the exhaust needs to be cut, if at all, for ease of installation.

The crossmember can always be re-enforced or replaced if need be

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor