Got new heads!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHernandez

G-Body Guru
May 25, 2009
Jackson,TN
well, they aren't exactly new, maybe 40 years old but they are the 300 horse double hump chevy heads, i put a wanted ad on craigslist and got an email today saying "I got a pair for you for $100, pulled off last summer, complete, can bolt on" so yes, i'm very excited about this, everywhere i looked $200 was the cheapest i could find, all thats left is the 700r4, maybe i'll get a deal on that too....once it gets warm enough i'll go ahead and toss that 272/282 cam in and slap the heads on and see what difference it makes, hopefully i'll be satisfied 😀

also just purchased a set of black ion 625 16x8 rims, boy the old lady is gonna be pissed 🙁

Vortec heads are better then the old camel back heads, but for $100 I wouldn't complain at all!

crash said:
Vortec heads are better then the old camel back heads, but for $100 I wouldn't complain at all!
yeah but you gotta change intakes and all that sh*t, besides, vortec technology is too new for my liking, maybe in another 15-20 years :mrgreen:

MrHernandez said:
crash said:
yeah but you gotta change intakes and all that sh*t, besides, vortec technology is too new for my liking, maybe in another 15-20 years :mrgreen:

Exactly why I said I wouldn't complain. Hell, there are people out there that would buy those camel back heads for much more then you paid for them, even if they needed rebuilt. I would absolutely say good buy 8)

If you get you 700R4 have it rebuilt before sticking it in the car. I had one in my car but it took a crap first I really did a burnout, I got it for 300 Bucks and bought a Jegs crosssmember plus having the driveshaft cut down..Now I switched to a 5 speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor