got robbed on selling my 80 malibu..

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcaminodan

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
im sick people!!!! a month ago i finally sold my super clean all original 80 malibu.i was asking 5000 but ended up selling it for 3500 as i didnt want it to sit around any longer it was a great sacrifice. i sold it to a guy and 5 days later he called saying it broke down and i sold him some garbage and the motor siezed .this car was so nice it made me sick i let it go cheaper than i wanted , he was askin for a refund of half his money icant help but to feel scammed and so mad! i sold it as is in the first place... so beware next time u sell a car people are out to get you sometimes maybe.. it makes me sick but life goes on... :( theres more to the story but iwanted to share with all the gbody family .

Fader

Greasemonkey
Apr 29, 2011
Eastern Nebraska
Damn, that really sucks Dan... I have thought about that every time I've sold a car private party, especially a g.body that someone might be "hot rodding" & then trying to return like it was a p.o.s.... I hope you told him to eat a d***... It is definitely a buyers market but that doesn't mean someone can return a car like that....

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
Sad but true ! Sorry for your loss... Hope you did not give the guy a single penny back ? Buying used cars from private owner
or on a dealer lot are very similar. Dealers white tag on the window plainly states VEHICLE SOLD AS IS ...

When ever I sell a vehicle of any kind I always make up a sales order that has all the details.. Nothing is assumed !
Condition of the vehicle does not need to be included. If you do then you set yourself up.

This sales order must have the buyer signature and your signature under the section that states "Car is being sold AS IS"

Lets just say He buys car, radiator hose splits on the way home, new car dreamland guy does not see temp guage pegged :shock:
Cooks motor to a ragging boil. Then blames you sold him a POS !!! :rofl:

I guess he will learn how to install a motor in that car on his own dime....

jake

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
DO NOT give him a dime.
Unfortunately there are people out there everywhere just trying to get over on honest people. If you honestly, and in good faith sold him a good, mechanically solid car, then tell him to get bent....

kelly_w21

Apprentice
Sep 10, 2012
damn. once you sale the car its not ur responsibilty anymore. so i agree, i wouldnt give them a dime. especially since u damn near cut the price n hlf for the dude.

kelly_w21

Apprentice
Sep 10, 2012
or also if he wants half his money back, give him half but take the car back n replace the engine

outsider_27

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I bought my 99 Suburban almost a year ago from a dealer in a town 100 miles away. I got a ride back to the dealer to pick it up and drove it home. All proud of my purchase since it is a nice looking truck and it ran smooth all the way home, I moved it and saw a puddle under the front end. I then called my mechanic to get a time to take it in to look at it. Before I could get it in to the shop, the SES light came on. Turns out, I had a power steering line that was leaking, had to replace both catalytic converters and had one O2 sensor dead and one on the way out. All that in a week! I was pissed, but I didn't go back to that dealer since I knew I bought as is. After that about a month or so I had to replace the other power steering line, both oil cooler lines, and the O2 sensor that was close to dying before. Since then it has been a good truck though, so I can't really complain too much. If you sold the car as is, and made sure the seller knew it was as is, then you have no liability in this situation, tell him to kick rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor