GP Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The vehicle before my current 86 GP was an 85 GP. I was involved in a 4 car collision with the 85 GP where I was rearended while stopped and drove the car in front of me into the car in front. The GP was still drivable but had quite a bit of damage to both ends including a bend rail in the back. I was still driving the GP when I ran into a guy who said he had a car just like mine but the motor was blown. I went to see the car and it was just like mine. T-tops with the same color of interior and the body was in great shape. The color od the car was blue and my 85 was silver. It's originally from Florida. I bought the car and put it in a garage but didn't tell anyone except one or two friends and one of my kids who lives in town. I worked on the 86 changing the motor and getting it ready for a paint job. After I finished th car I put the empty paint cans filled with water and a large can of bondo in the back seat of my beat up 85 and drove around to see some friends at a buddy stereo shop on a friday afternoon to tell them I am going to rebuild my 85 on the weekend and showed them the paint cans of black saphire and the bondo in my back seat when they thought I was joking. Saturday afternoon I was back at the stereo shop with my "rebuilt" GP. They couldn't believe it was the same car but there are not many GP's with T-tops around and this car was a clone to the 85 so they were more than confused. I'm not much of a poker player so my face gave it up. I confused a bunch of other friends around town who though I pulled of a miracle. I also have two kids who live in Toronto who were not in on the prank and had thought their old man has lost it when my other son had told them I was rebuilding the old 85. They couldn't believe their eyes either when the saw the rebuilt car and wanted to do me harm when they found out about the prank. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor