GP Gauge Cluster Printed Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

FL85GrandPrix

Apprentice
Nov 10, 2016
Tampa, FL
Does anyone make new printed circuits for the Grand Prix gauge clusters? I have checked a few parts houses and cannot find them. I have two, the original one my car came with and the donor tach cluster came with. Both are "useable", but like when restoring my K5's dash I'd like a new printed circuit.

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
I was looking earlier in the year and couldn't find one. As far as I know and was told nobody makes new ones

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
There may be people that repair them, but I've yet to hear of anyone that produces, or reproduces them. I was fortunate to have a spare to replace a bad printed circuit...also for a Pontiac dash.
I think they could probably be repaired without too much effort.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
There may be people that repair them, but I've yet to hear of anyone that produces, or reproduces them. I was fortunate to have a spare to replace a bad printed circuit...also for a Pontiac dash.
I think they could probably be repaired without too much effort.

didn't one of the members have one repaired a few months ago?

• Agree

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
With or without gauges?

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
didn't one of the members have one repaired a few months ago?
Steve,
It vaguely sounds familiar...but I think you're right.
I think You Tube may have some information on do it yourself repairs. Sorry about all the advertisements.

Last edited:

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
With or without gauges?
Mike,
I think there may be a difference between the idiot light and gauge type printed circuits. I'm not entirely certain.

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
As far as I know no one is making reproductions. Sometimes you can find mint ones on Fleabay. I have had good results repairing them. Sometimes just a small drop of solder will work, sometimes a thin strip of tinfoil, and sometimes an actual length of copper wire is needed. But if it suffered a major meltdown not much will work. I know the Pontiac gauge pod connector is wired the same for both gauges and idiot lights. I can't remember if the printed circuit is different. I can check later.

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
I had one fixed, they used strands of wire and siliconed over the repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor