GP passenger dash vents out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
GP folks - do the passenger side dash vents pull out? I want to 'rechrome' the perimeter of mine but don't want to break them trying to get them out.

1681055521875.png

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Maybe pull out the glove box and see if you can look at the back side with a inspection mirror. I would think there is some type of retainer on the back. That's one thing I've never removed on my gp.
the ductwork covers them from the back. if nobody's sure I'll wait until I find something in a junkyard that I can test.

Str8sixfan

Apprentice
Jul 17, 2022
the ductwork covers them from the back. if nobody's sure I'll wait until I find something in a junkyard that I can test.
I don't know exactly off of the top of my head how many times I show them...but I have about 5 different videos of my dash restoration. Right around the 12 minute mark in this one you can see them from the back side -

They have a friction clip system that lock into place when you push them in from the outside. I think you should be able to remove the ductwork with the glove box out without having to take the dash off.

This video has a better look at them around the 5:20 mark -

Reactions: 1 user

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
20230411_035308.jpg
20230411_055301.jpg

Looks like if you don't wanna remove the dash, thru the glove box is your only option. Pop this elbow off and you might be able to get to them.
20230411_055427.jpg

Looks like it's gonna be a bit of a challenge but not impossible.
I like Str8sixfan idea of using a big hose clamp.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor