Grampa Fresh Lemans Wagon Safari..Calgary Alberta

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Isn't that an oxymoron?

Besides, it's a wagon, and who wants those?
Apparently not this guy😉. The 301 performed better than a 3.8, 260, the 265 or 267, it could have been worse.

Reactions: 1 user

Dirty Bird

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 4, 2022
Airdrie Alberta
It's back on track and getting done.

Attachments

• 20220811_173851.jpg
    20220811_173851.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
  • 20220811_182004.jpg
    20220811_182004.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
Reactions: 4 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I have to ask, and I'm surprised other wagon guys haven't, but I have never seen that metal flap from the cargo floor hinged o the tailgate before. And I have had a on of wagons, and this is a first for me.

Jim,
My friend pointed that out to me years back at his local junkyard. There was a Lemans wagon there with that tailgate flap between the tailgate and cargo floor. I guess it was meant to keep debris from falling between that area.
Prior to that I was unaware of that feature.

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I have seen them on Bonnevilles and Regals, never on a Malibu, and really haven't seen many Cutlass Cruisers to notice.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Reactions: 1 user

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I have seen them on Bonnevilles and Regals, never on a Malibu, and really haven't seen many Cutlass Cruisers to notice.

I think the BOP wagons all have the flap, for whatever reason Malibu’s didn’t. Guess Chevy back then really trying to cut costs and be the cheaper option(?).

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
This here meller-drama sort of sounds like life and reality temporarily got in the way of dreams and ideals. This could easily have been a behind the scenes case of "HONEY, Yik, yik yik, yik, priorities, me, kids, new Prius, living room furniture, paint the house, blah, blah...………...think most everyone who has posted a thread on this forum has encountered one variant of this general theme or another at some point. Y'know the one, "spending too much money on this POS piece of junk" even though all the bills are paid, the mortgage is current and everything on the honey-do list has been accounted for ( like that could ever happen),, some significant others just naturally and genetically resent there being money being spent on anything else but them or their list of "I want...……"..

Could just have taken this long to come to a meeting of the minds that would allow him to get back to business.

Could also have been a lay off or shut down and money got tight for a bit; lot of that going around out in the oil patch. That being the case,
putting the roller up for sale might have been due to financial need, although being a roller, the asking was, as noted, outside the "get it" scale or range for what is, after all, a niche project with a unique power train.

Bottom line on all this is that the Why? is his business and if he doesn't wish to share, well that's his business too.

Still, and this is just me speaking personally/for myself alone, here, I liked the idea mentioned a few pages or so ago of a classic 389-400-455 drop with a vintage M-22 Muncie hung off the bell housing and maybe a Hone over drive unit for the highway to keep the mpg real. Could even have gone the same route with a 700R4 or a 200-R4 to get the cruise without the third pedal. Not sure if a 4L60 or 65E could be fitted into the tunnel but pretty sure nothing higher up the numbers chain would fit without some heavy metal love getting paid to the tunnel shape and width ahead of time. Only concession to the interior would be a set of buckets from a GTO or Grand Prix for the comfort. I suppose you could re-foam the bench seat bottom to get better side or bolster support for your body, that would be dollars versus availability exercise and the buckets would gain you some additional room for that Hurst stick to come and go as needed.

Nick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor