Grand prix & Bonneville interchange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy camper

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2016
San Dimas Ca.
Hey everyone, would a Bonneville front bumper assembly / header panel bolt up to the grand prix core support/ frame . Found a 83 Bonneville and would like to modify my 83 grand prix front end. i dont mind modifying the fenders already doing that to add fender flares, thanks for any info or advice

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Body lines will not match up. Modifications to the fenders & hood would cost too much as you'll need to reshape the GP sheet metal to accept the metal from the Bonnie fenders & hood just to get the header/bumper to fit. It is likely you'll have to make custom panels just to mate the Bonnie metal to GP's.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I have an '83 Bonneville. As stated, Bonne and GP hood and fenders are totally different. I hated the Bonne front so I swapped an '81 LeMans nose on. The fenders were same on the Bonne and the LeMans. The LeMans hood was different. But the bumper, grille, and header all bolted up to the Bonne radiator/fender support. Last GP I worked on I recall that the inner supports were similar, but I'm not 100% sure.

Happy camper

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2016
San Dimas Ca.
I guess the part i want the most is the front bumper assembly. I want to recess the grill of the grand prix and make the the front bumper /\ a little less prominent .
So if i got the complete bumper and with little fabricating do you think it would plausible to make it work.

Happy camper

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2016
San Dimas Ca.
Thank you pagrunt for your knowledge , i think ill give it a shot, if it works youll see pics. Anybody else with some advice

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I guess the part i want the most is the front bumper assembly. I want to recess the grill of the grand prix and make the the front bumper /\ a little less prominent .

I made my GP front bumper a little less prominent.....

GP.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor