Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
The cut outs near the back?
Or maybe your heat vents are missing.
View attachment 143403

I just looked at mine.. Those cut outs towards the rear are NOT for "covers" so nothing is missing.. I have nothing there. (never noticed, as its right by the seatbelts and because of the seat, not really visible) and mine is stock.

I IMAGINE they might be for heat, since it does get a bit toasty under there in the front, and MAYBE for transmission of the heat to the rear... but there are no "covers"

What you have there is stock, except for the carpet on the side missing and the center painted black (should be wood grain) and exactly what I was looking for... If you want to sell it, or find another one in the treasure trove you found, give me a shout. :D

-Gonz

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Which cut outs?
The cut outs near the back?
Or maybe your heat vents are missing.
View attachment 143403

Those large notches right where the brightwork ends near the middle, on your picture 565, they’re right at the end of that angled step in the console.
When I bought the thing it was missing quite a few parts, does ductwork carry all the way to the rear? It’d be pretty sweet if it did

Reactions: 1 user

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
What you have there is stock, except for the carpet on the side missing and the center painted black (should be wood grain) and exactly what I was looking for... If you want to sell it, or find another one in the treasure trove you found, give me a shout. :D

-Gonz

Oh believe me, you would want this thing, 3 cracks to fix, one of the front vents is just broken out of the body, and the driver’s side after the cut out is pretty fudged too.

I just bit the bullet and started on making my one top, and I’ll be fitting my own vents after I glue this thing back together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor