Grand Prix hybrid, could it be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

awesome79elky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 10, 2006
arkansas
i have a 79 elky and i recently came across an 87 grand prix in the junkyard. i thought the front end looked kind of interesting and wanted to know if the front end could be grafted to my elky without to big an ordeal. any input would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
James

87GP

Greasemonkey
Jul 15, 2006
I have an 87 GP and a 78 elky. I'm pretty sure the gp nose would bolt onto the elky chassis. Only problem is that the doors have different body lines. So what could you do? Try elky side glass in GP doors? Might work. Then the 1/4's will have different body lines. Maybe cut the front half of a GP door skin into an elky door and fade out the lines. Or use the GP doors if you can and fade the lines out into the 1/4's with bondo or sheet metal.

I do think it would be cool looking conversion.

dexter047

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 16, 2005
raleigh, nc
it would probably be alot easier to do it it with a lemans or grand am nose. he body lines are alot closer than the grand prix.

elcam84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2006
You will need the whole front clip and the doors. Then put the elky glass in the doors.

I have not done it but most of these swaps are fairly easy as the rear of the door usually has the same curve on g-bods.

79Hurst/Olds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 24, 2007
Omaha, Nebraska
Just my $.02, but isn't the tailights on a A body Pontiac wagon different than the El Camino and Malibu??? Possibly the Bumper as well???
If so swap the tail lights, Oh and of course you would have to put in a Formula Steering Wheel. A shaker could be a cool touch too!!!

chevy76monteman

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2006
Portland, Oregon, USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor