great g-body story

Status
Not open for further replies.

j17_mia

Apprentice
Mar 25, 2009
i have a 84 olds cutlass supreme. the cars has 341,000 miles on it. the motor just recently died on me . its a 2bbl 3.8 v6, th200c, 7.5 rear end car. i brought the car brand new in 83 as a 84 model. 25 plus years of hassle free driving. the car never EVER gave me a problem. these cars are work horses! so since the motor is done, its gonna be a good donor for a sbc swap!! g-body's for life!!

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Thats a great run. The 3.8s are very good runners, and a 200 trans is a good combo for it. My Elco with its stock drivetrain made it to 178,000 Mi. Then I got ahold of it! Good luck with the small block swap.

turbo78

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2009
billings, montana
easiest swap ever, and you can get that type of mileage outta a sbc too, you obviously take great care and love your g's like we all should :D

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
my 84 have the 3.8 and its got 307,??? kms. burns a lil oil and has a minor rear main seal leak, but aside from that she'll start on a minus 30 day all day long.

robhowardiii

Apprentice
Mar 6, 2012
My 81 cutlass calis with the 4.3 olds v8 is geting a sbc so last thing to do to the boat anchor was see how long it would run. 30 m
ins with hole in radiator, hole in bottom of oil pan, held at 2 grand it finally blew. It didn't make to much noise for the first 10 mins or so. And the only reason it stalled was it got so hot it shorted the battery cable Dow to the starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor