Grille help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Have you considered updating your front end to the much better looking 1984 and up grill?
If you’re spending money, now is the time.

Better looking is subjective, of course.

When the 81-83 setup has bright and deep chrome it gives a much more luxury look to the car than the 84-87, which, is more plain albeit more streamlined. Of course, most of the time parts are dull and faded to a pot metal grey color.

Just kind of goes to the look and appearance you're going for.

Then again, I'm highly partial to the 1983 with the mix or narrow and thick bars and tons of chrome.

Moar chrome moar better! :LOL:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
From the testing I have seen it shows Chrome actually makes the car slower

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Better looking is subjective, of course.

When the 81-83 setup has bright and deep chrome it gives a much more luxury look to the car than the 84-87, which, is more plain albeit more streamlined. Of course, most of the time parts are dull and faded to a pot metal grey color.

Just kind of goes to the look and appearance you're going for.

Then again, I'm highly partial to the 1983 with the mix or narrow and thick bars and tons of chrome.

Moar chrome moar better! :LOL:
Definitely a matter of opinion but most people that I know like the newer front end better. You be the judge….I don’t like the top of the older grills. It just looks out of place.

1981 Regal
1645544410377.jpeg

1987 Regal
1645544445115.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor