Grommet plug in door info needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
my drivers door (all manual) is missing the plug that fills in where electric would run through in the door jamb. Does anyone know if it is available or a part number factory or aftermarket plug to fill the hole.
Thanks

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You got 2 choices...well, more, but from GM parts you only get 2.

Either you get the hinge side plug and door side plug, GM p/n 3081729 and 4880469 respectively. OR....you can just get the conduit piece and leave it empty. GM p/n 20000072. Plugs your holes either way.

You will need 2 of each part number whichever way you go.

Here's the typical conduit which is hard to find, but easier to find than the plugs. Not sure, but I thought these were getting repro'ed. Maybe not. Plethora of G-bodies had them. Found on B and C bodies too. Same part number. (front doors to hinge panel)
s-l500.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Are you looking for both the body and the door plug or just the door ?
Location would also help!
I'll check my collection today to see what I have.

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The door plug hole is 2.48" and the hinge side is 2.79".

Just in case that info helps. I don't know if the part numbers are cast into the plugs or not. So size is the next best way to tell.

Reactions: 1 user

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
I am looking for the door side plug only my door had been replaced many years ago and I never pulled the plug from the old door. I am in Central Illinois if anybody close by might have an old junk door with a plug in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor