Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Well, Grundy declined my insurance application on the basis of:

-The vehicle doesn’t carry collector status with our Underwriters
-The vehicle is not in show condition

I think these are kind of BS reasons, but whatever. Any thoughts?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
what type of insurance did you inquire about...

Grundy has this type of policy...

Regular-Use Automobiles – Jim Grundy, Jr. has created an insurance product that also protects your regular-use vehicles on an agreed value basis. Our Motor Vehicle Program, or MVP by Grundy, insures your collector automobiles, daily drivers, trucks, trailers, motor homes, electric vehicles, and more – all on one policy and all at their agreed value.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Don’t think I qualify for USAA. I will contact my regular insurance company to see what my options are. Grundy didn’t even offer the “regular car” option. I’ll keep looking.

454GrandPrix

Master Mechanic
Jul 27, 2016
Lehi, Utah
I was also turned down by Grundy, though for a different reason. I planned to actually drive my car at some point, and that was a big no-no to them. In my decline letter, one by one they itemized every potential use of my car and said that was against their rules. Apparently they would only cover me if I backed out of my garage and into my driveway; as soon as a single tire hit the street, they would no longer cover me.

Upon hearing my story, a car friend told me to try American Collectors. This company was a completely different experience. They were eager to insure my car in virtually any potential way I wanted to drive it. Even better, they let me set up a stated value policy for the amount of my choosing (which Haggerty would not do). The rates were also reasonable, so signing up was a no-brainer.

I'd suggest calling them.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 3 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Screw Grundy. I completed and paid for a policy through Hagerty in about 10 minutes start-to-finish. Didn't have to talk to a rep, send pics, scan documents, nothing. Easy peasy. Should have gone with them in the first place.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Hagerty....

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor