GTI brakes on G body

Status
Not open for further replies.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
I didn't do a search so I'm sorry if this has been covered, this thread can be deleted or moved.

So I was looking at my 2019 VW Golf GTI the other day, and the parking/emergency brake setup appears to be pretty much identical to the 80's Cadillac rear calipers with built in parking brake. The brakes on the GTI are great in my opinion, they're some of the best brakes I've ever felt. I was wondering has anyone swapped GTI calipers onto their car as a way to get parking brakes on a rear disk conversion? I have no experience with the Cadillac calipers but I have to imagine that with 30+ years of technological improvement the GTI calipers are way better. Just an idea that I'm thinking about trying and wondering if anyone has already done it.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Volkswagen brakes on a G Body,Blasphemy I say !!!
LOL
Guy

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Expect a lot of mods to make the bolt spacing and back spacing line up. Rotor thickness. And the brakes on a GTI are designed for that mass/weight distribution. GM used a lot of designs over and over to our benefit. The G-body has an oddball rear brake mount that does support going to a four-bolt trapezoid that GM used for decades, but, once you cut to fit, you are committed...

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor