Guess my 1/4 mile time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
This would be more fun if you already knew what you time was and we would see who could come closest to guessing your actual time
Kind of like the show Past Time.

Ryebonti123

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 21, 2017
Was it dynoed or 450-500 is just what the guys told you?
Those heads would need lots of work for those numbers.
Cam specs???
A 500hp small block is going to need more than a 2300 stall torque converter.
If you have 475hp and everything was perfect it would go bottom 11’s @120
I’m thinking you might go low 13’s...high 12’s if you’re lucky.
Not trying to be an *ss...been there, done that.
I was just told about the hp no dyno...No idea on the cam specs. I agree with a higher stall... ill see if i have the time/money to change it out. What rpm would be ideal? I know, i know, no cam specs.... :)

Ryebonti123

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 21, 2017
This would be more fun if you already knew what you time was and we would see who could come closest to guessing your actual time
Kind of like the show Past Time.
Lol, ill start a new thread after the track!

Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Kinda turning into a crap shoot - do you know what size valves are in the heads?? any work done on them ?? compression ratio ?? Looks as if you removed the air in one pic - how are you mounting the accesories with those old heads. What ever happens hope you have a fun day and turn a great time.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
The converter will most likely be too tight, maybe even not enough gear. But you'll have to try it and see. Like was said, a good setup can go fast with low hp. So its hard to guess. Hope for low 13's maybe even high 12's. Me and my friend ran a Camaro, with a Merkel built 355 and it made if I remember, 435 on the dyno and it went 11.58 in a stock type Camaro. With 9X28 slicks, an ATI 4400 converter and open headers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor