Guess who was happy that his 88 Cutlass was turning 30!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
It meant that it was eligible for antique insurance which meant $165 a year vs $985. Guess what rule changed on January 1st of this year? You guessed it, no longer the 30 year old rule in Saskatchewan, now only 1987 and older. Needless to say, when I found out that today, I was very pissed.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Not sure about insurance, but as far as smog goes, everything '75 and newer still needs to be smogged in Cali. Hence why I'm probably just going to take it in the shorts and get an E-Rod.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Suck!
I feel your pain to a certain extent. 2016 state law requires 86 and newer subject to inspection and emissions requirements.
I have a feeling that will be coming, thanks Trudeau!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

83reeeegal

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure about insurance, but as far as smog goes, everything '75 and newer still needs to be smogged in Cali. Hence why I'm probably just going to take it in the shorts and get an E-Rod.
sucks for other californians... my county in so-cal only requires one smog check to be done once registered and that's it. lol

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I'm telling you the liberal b*****Ds want all sun powered electric cars with blowing in the wind and I want to be a world to be whatever playing on the stereo.
They are even pushing for airboats to pass all the smog stuff. I get the pollution stuff and am reasonably for most of it as we are stewards of our world. But I am getting tired of US paying more than our share of s**t.
Sorry guys just venting. Spent 4 hours being grilled on a totally BS case

83reeeegal

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2017
83reeeegal, where are you? Imperial county? I knew there were a few counties in far-Northern California that have looser smog regs, but didn't think there were any left in SoCal.
yessir, the hottest place on earth! haha bitter sweet feeling. yeah i think we're prob the only so cal county with that privilege due to the poor air quality.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
The only good thing about Jersey is it's so polluted no one cares. Our new inspection laws state that Vehicles older than I believe 96 or 97 don't need inspection. However you can be subject to Dot spot checks just like a big rig going through weigh stations. So if you drive a ragged piece of crap you can get a ticket for failure to make repairs.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Have you thought about registering it somewhere else. My daughter's Tahoe is in my name w/ a Michigan plate and she lives in North Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor