Gutted Tesla Trolls The Streets

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Look how the Hellcat closed the gap at the top end in the video above, big horsepower at work.

That was a Model X SUV. A Hellcat without drag radials and a perfect launch isn't going to catch a P100D even in a 1/2 mile. P100D's run the same 144 mph that a Hellcat does in the 1/2 mile. P100D's have the equivalent of over 700HP but even more torque than a hellcat.

The one car that can beat a P100D on the street is an APR tuned Audi RS7.

If I was rich and in the market for a $120K sedan, I would pick an RS7 over a Tesla. If I'm Going to have a $120K sedan, I want one I can drive from Dallas to DC or Miami in a day, not 3 days.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
With cars becoming so complex, the future of hotrodding will likely take a team of guys to hotrod a single car. Along with professional training and maybe a lab instead of a shop. The days of the shade tree are gone. I don't even think most classic car bodies could even take the stress of high instant torque like that either.

Respectfully, I disagree with this. Hotrodding is evolving much the same as everything else. Computer use is becoming the norm and understanding the basic principles of how a computer operates to handle inputs and outputs is nothing more than learning. It's not that much different than understanding how to tune a carb to work correctly from idle, to light throttle transitions to WOT. Is a vehicle ECM (computer) more complex than a carb? It depends on who you talk to. Compare it to old school table games vs Grand Theft Auto. Personally I'd prefer to tune with a laptop than a screwdriver and box fuel of squirters, jets, accelerator pump cams, air bleeds and gaskets.

UNGN - personally, I'm never going to purchase a $100K+ car due to a couple of reasons, mainly my lack of funding. But if I could, then I'd rather build a car for sub $20K to embarrass the rich guy that knows how to turn the key, push the launch button and then step on the gas. :):) But I've mentioned previously that I would much rather build it than buy it - but thats me.

p.s. - I'm not a millennial, but playing around with our boosted, EFI G-body makes me feel like one, in terms of age anyway.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
That was a Model X SUV. A Hellcat without drag radials and a perfect launch isn't going to catch a P100D even in a 1/2 mile. P100D's run the same 144 mph that a Hellcat does in the 1/2 mile. P100D's have the equivalent of over 700HP but even more torque than a hellcat.

The one car that can beat a P100D on the street is an APR tuned Audi RS7.

If I was rich and in the market for a $120K sedan, I would pick an RS7 over a Tesla. If I'm Going to have a $120K sedan, I want one I can drive from Dallas to DC or Miami in a day, not 3 days.
That may be true but the Hellcat made a race of it, the others did not. That RS7 is insane, like more is needed. We need to see a Tesla against the new Demon. Let's face it, all these cars are out of our reach, so our old iron or reasonably priced new pony cars are what we will built up. Think of new cars like computer programs, car guys are like computer hackers looking to cause mayhem:). All it takes is enough of a following for a particular make and their ECM gets hacked and a tuner made. A lot of work at the dealership is done on laptop's, why should we be any different?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
There is no race when it involves two different propulsion systems. A race with that Tesla should be with another car comparable to the Tesla. You don't get a P51 racing a jet.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I live in small town of about 15,000 people that has Tesla dealership across the street from the Apple store less than 1 mile from my house. We have LOTS of Tesla owners. The Tesla Owners are all about "see me! see me! see me!" In a town of Lambo's and Bentley's, Tesla people have it tough.

We also have multiple RS7s roaming the streets, including one of my son's best friends dads.

RS7 people are the opposite of Tesla people. They are "you didn't see anything".

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
This popped back into my head as I drove home today. I wonder how well Nomex underwear does in a lithium fire?

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
Just laughing my a$$ off at the guys racing that Tesla on the street thinking they are going to win. SMH

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
Not surprising

I'd still take any of the cars that got beat over the Tesla any day. Maybe I'm a Luddite but the Tesla just doesn't do anything for me.
Nope, I'd take the Tesla, then sell it to some kid with more money than they know what to do with. Then I'd pay off my house, finish my car and pocket the rest.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
I live in small town of about 15,000 people that has Tesla dealership across the street from the Apple store less than 1 mile from my house. We have LOTS of Tesla owners. The Tesla Owners are all about "see me! see me! see me!" In a town of Lambo's and Bentley's, Tesla people have it tough.

We also have multiple RS7s roaming the streets, including one of my son's best friends dads.

RS7 people are the opposite of Tesla people. They are "you didn't see anything".

RS7 is a pretty mean cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor