H4 Headlight issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
A few years ago I bought the H4 headlight kit from Mike @ Mike's Montes.
I just noticed that the passenger side high beam must have caught a flying rock and punched a hole right in the middle of the glass.
The light still works,but I need a new headlight.
Does anyone know where in Canada I might be able to get just a replacement headlight ??
Guy

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Guy,
Depending on brand, I think that factor would determine how easily a replacement can be obtained. For instance if it's a Hella, you can pretty easily buy a single replacement. Honestly, I would contact Mike, being that you initially bought them from him.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Guy,
Depending on brand, I think that factor would determine how easily a replacement can be obtained. For instance if it's a Hella, you can pretty easily buy a single replacement. Honestly, I would contact Mike, being that you initially bought them from him.

That was my first thought too Jack.
But,when you factor in the difference in the US/Canadian dollar,shipping and customs fees,it gets expensive.
Thats why I want to see if I can get anything in Canada first.
Guy

Reactions: 1 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Steve,you must have a suggestion on this.
Guy

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That was my first thought too Jack.
But,when you factor in the difference in the US/Canadian dollar,shipping and customs fees,it gets expensive.
Thats why I want to see if I can get anything in Canada first.
Guy
Ah, That's a good point, Guy. Shipping can easily make or break a good deal. Perhaps Steve might have a solution.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hella is international. There are knockoffs on fleabay. Maybe get a Hella kit and keep the Mike's as a spare?
Now, that might be the way to go. I have Hella H4's on my car now and one of the lenses is a bit foggier than the other. I had considered buying one replacement, but I do like the idea of buying a fresh new pair.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Steve,you must have a suggestion on this.
Guy

I was looking up to see where you can get H4 Hella lenses....amazon.ca has no stock.. :unsure:

I use these for my high beams, I like the beam for the high beam with this lense over the H4 lense. I removed the adapter for the H1 bulb. Without the adapter the H4 bulb fits and I just bend the rabs to keep the bulb in place.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B001G78DVE/?tag=rippca-20

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I think the cloudiness can be cleaned; I'm just too lazy to try it. I was going to swish some alcohol around inside....

are going for a jog with JD in the water bottle??......:popcorn:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor