Had planned on new truck tires. I did end up getting some, but got more than I intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I was GOING to go check out some 17" tires for Old Red (2010 GMC Sierra).

Then I saw an ad for some really great deals on some new wheels.

Ended up with some 22" all the way around....but already attached to a truck which was loaded to the gills.

Meet Big Blue (technically dark sky metallic)....sorry Old Red...Over $13,000 in employee discounts/cash back, I only borrowed 19K. Didn't need to really, but I put that other 19K to work. What's better is that they gave me a very good trade-in for Old Red. I should make more than the interest I'll pay by borrowing.
Sierra Denali 12.jpg

Sierra Denali 3.JPG

4x4 Denali had two engine choices, the inline diesel, and the 6.2L. I like gas.
Sierra Denali 6.JPG

Sierra Denali 8.JPG

Sierra Denali 9.JPG

Sierra Denali 11.JPG

Sierra Denali 7.JPG

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
That's awesome congrats! I've been poking around and kicking tires. Hard to pass up 0% financing. But I can't find the truck I want or would be willing to spend that much coin on. I want the mahogany brown, with a brown leather interior, crew cab, STANDARD box with the 6.2 in SLT trim. Might as well ask for leprechaun riding a unicorn.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
That's awesome congrats! I've been poking around and kicking tires. Hard to pass up 0% financing. But I can't find the truck I want or would be willing to spend that much coin on. I want the mahogany brown, with a brown leather interior, crew cab, STANDARD box with the 6.2 in SLT trim. Might as well ask for leprechaun riding a unicorn.

I tried for a while to find a 2012-2013 non-Denali truck with crew cab, 6.5 foot bed, 6.2, and the NHT(?) tow package. Needless to say I did not succeed. Last dually I built online was just south of $60k, and it was a work truck. Good luck finding what I spec'd on the lot. 69 how are you liking the 10 speed?

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I dunno about the 10 speed yet. I haven't even hit 100 miles on it. And I put 20 on it during the test drive. But the transmission is smooth as silk and hardly notice any shifting. And the 420 HP will get that truck past the speed limit fairly quickly. It's NOT the 5.3. I can see a speeding ticket in my future if I don't get used to the throttle. It has HUD...well, damn near everything and the kitchen sink. I kept searching for the glory suck hole in the seat...that's the only option I don't think it has...

I like the power running board thing though. Weird, but I'll get used to it.

• Haha

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
I drove a 2018 GMC last year. The buffeting and wind noise with a window rolled down was enuff to turn me off.
WUBBA WUBBBA WUBBA, didn't matter if the other side was up, down or in between.
That, and the window control was the most poorly engineered POS I've ever used.
Hope your new ride is better, looks like a nice truck.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
The only thing that really bugs me about the GMC's, especially the Denali is the cheap plain black plastic wheel arch trim. You'd figure the lower models would be plain, and as you go they would be body color, especially on the Denali.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
It's a 4x4. You get to select your drive. This has 3.23 gears. Still moves pretty well.

Yeah, the stock wheel arch trim is weird. But for a paltry 530 more dollars, I could get body colored trim for it. I was already considering it, but damn, that's a lot of coin for wheel well trim. You could order it as an LPO option.

The only time I'm probably going to roll the window down is driving up to Taco Bell or something to order dinner. Sh*t was almost 90 degrees today and that A/C is going to work to do its job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor