Had the upper radiator hose clamp break off from rust -- real weird to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
I'll take the possibility of a Hurricane any day over the guaranty of Ice and snow.
Like today, Hurricane Delta.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I can't wait to move down South in a year where the seasons will be less severe than N.E.
Which part of the south?

You may find winters less severe, but, summer will be what you're used to as a 'heat wave' except it doesn't end for 6 months straight.

I STILL remember my first year, it was thanksgiving day and I was outside, white t-shirt on, working under the hood of the firebird before heading over to some friends' place for football, alcohol, and dinner - in that order too. That was new orleans, although I've been around some other places since then.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Have had the worm gear clamps fail but usually it happens after that one grunt too many during the tightening. A lot of the gear drives are now chinese made and the quality is debatable. Found out that even the premium ones are now the product of Yuan Huang Low and his cronies plus which they are now using phillips/hex screws instead of the old school slotted/hex ones. Hate Phillips, too easy to tear up the X.

Knew one guy who swore by safety wire. Couple of loops around the hose, twist the ends like with safety wire on headers and voila. Apparently his method is common in the military for a lot of applications.

Nick

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

78chevolds

Greasemonkey
Jun 25, 2013
Which part of the south?

You may find winters less severe, but, summer will be what you're used to as a 'heat wave' except it doesn't end for 6 months straight.

I STILL remember my first year, it was thanksgiving day and I was outside, white t-shirt on, working under the hood of the firebird before heading over to some friends' place for football, alcohol, and dinner - in that order too. That was new orleans, although I've been around some other places since then.

Planning to move down to Western N.C. about 30 minutes West of Asheville. As rural as I can get as long as I can get a job working remote from home with a stable Internet connection.

78chevolds

Greasemonkey
Jun 25, 2013
EXCEPT during hurricane season. Then you'll be like wtf did I do? :)

I don't think Western N.C. gets impacted as much as the coastal area in N.C. in terms of hurricanes. I presently live in RI which is due for a hurricane soon. In addition, up here, you have to deal with the chance of ice/snow with a longer duration and depth than Western N.C.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I don't think Western N.C. gets impacted as much as the coastal area in N.C. in terms of hurricanes. I presently live in RI which is due for a hurricane soon. In addition, up here, you have to deal with the chance of ice/snow with a longer duration and depth than Western N.C.
Click on the link below. It'll show you hurricane paths in NC for the last 150 years. Zoom out and you can see the whole eastern seaboard. Granted, as in all cases, coastal areas see more significant impact of hurricanes, but even western (pick a southern coastal state) sees it's share of 'canes. PLUS the fact that it's usually a gigantic storm so everyone feels some wind from those animals.

Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I'll take the possibility of a Hurricane any day over the guaranty of Ice and snow.
Like today, Hurricane Delta.

And road salt. You sourthern guys have no idea how bad winter road salt is up north. The northern states dump way more than they even should and even cars that are just a couple of years old can have servere rust damage. Either you don't drive youf baby for 6 or more months of you yearly oil the underbody and take it to the carwash twice a week. Heating bills up here suck too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor