had to get the dart out and beat on it some today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
Cool car Jad. I have alot of experience with Mopars. I had many of them before. Road Runners, Chargers, Darts etc.

The one crutch of a 360 is they were all in low performance cars with dished pistons. Had a 76 Volare Road Runner. Had a 360 with all the bolt ons, 4 barrel, al intake, headers, small cam. It ran a mid 14. Re did the engine. Some things are not back to back like we ported the heads, changed to the next size cam but changing from the 7.5:1 dished pistons to a flat top 10.5:1. Car ran bottom 12's at 115mph. This was a 4000lbs car.

Then I had a 87 Ram. Just a junkyard 5.9L Magnum. They did not have a dished piston, they were about 9.5:1 and it ran 14.3 in a truck.

Reactions: 1 user

jadigen

Greasemonkey
Jun 6, 2017
S.Jersey
yea the 360 got a bad rap early on for being a "smog" motor because there were just no cheap off the shelf pistons out there for them.. now you can get anything for them. can get them over 400 cubes now easily. hell i've had a few 340's and sold them to build 360's. the 340 brings god money to the resto guys.

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
yea the 360 got a bad rap early on for being a "smog" motor because there were just no cheap off the shelf pistons out there for them.. now you can get anything for them. can get them over 400 cubes now easily. hell i've had a few 340's and sold them to build 360's. the 340 brings god money to the resto guys.

Let the resto guys have those 340 X head engines. Today we are blessed with so much easily accessible aftermarket stuff. It makes me want to build a small block A body Mopar. A Magnum block with Edelbrock Victor heads, high compression, solid cam is enough to put an NA Dart or Duster into the 9's with a 9" slick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor