Had to let her go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
Just sold my El Camino :/

It was time to let her go - feels bittersweet. On one hand, it's the car that started everything for me. Got me into cars, wrenching, learning how to do things by myself, all that. She was my first car, got me through high school, college, and was still my daily driver after that up until I bought my Tesla. Made a lot of good memories too. On the other hand though, I just haven't been able to give her the love she needs right now. She needed engine and transmission work, and could use a little body work too. I'm happy to say that I sold her to someone who will get her road worthy again (motor and trans swap too) and only lives a few minutes away, so maybe I'll still see her driving down the road haha. I think he's swapping a 406 in place of the old 305 so it'll feel like a whole new car!

Getting ready to move soon and just have too much stuff so I'm trying to thin it down a little bit.
I always swore I would never sell her but I suppose things change. Would love to know if any of you regret selling your first car, or if you kept it!
I don't think this is the end of the G Body life for me - would love to get another when I have the time.

Here's one of my favorite pics of her

1658524779204.jpeg

Still have a couple other toys to keep me busy though - this is actually the only picture I have with them all together.
Don't mind the cardboard in the El Camino passenger window - kept the sun from fading the interior

1658524809143.jpeg

Felt a lil emotional so thought I'd post about it haha!
I'm not too active on this site these days but really appreciate everyone here who's helped me out with troubleshooting the El Camino over the years.

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Still have my first ever vehicle (car), my first truck, my first suv, first sports car, first gbody, and first brand new car.

Some things just can't be replaced. Memories you tend to kinda keep, aside from illnesses taking them away, but, they're a whole lot more vivid from behind the actual wheel

Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
"Enjoy" your Tesla.
Be a rough bill for the battery replacement for sure.

A game I like to play is compare my $/mile on the different cars. What I paid, what I put in, residual value. Some things have paid me to own them. Most wind up costing me somewhere around 2cents to 10 cents a mile.

I'm curious on an EV but I'd expect true cost is upwards of $1/mile, but, I suppose less elbow grease?

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Love the yamaha,love the colors. what model is it?
Back in the '80s i had a Kenny bell special, red, white and blue rz350. Fun bike at the time.

Reactions: 1 users

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
Love the yamaha,love the colors. what model is it?
Back in the '80s i had a Kenny bell special, red, white and blue rz350. Fun bike at the time.
Thanks! It’s an XSR700, it actually has the same engine as the MT07 if you’re familiar with that bike. Pretty torquey parallel twin, lot of fun haha. And man, would love to see pics of your rz350 if you have any

Last edited:

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
Be a rough bill for the battery replacement for sure.

A game I like to play is compare my $/mile on the different cars. What I paid, what I put in, residual value. Some things have paid me to own them. Most wind up costing me somewhere around 2cents to 10 cents a mile.

I'm curious on an EV but I'd expect true cost is upwards of $1/mile, but, I suppose less elbow grease?
Good way of looking at things. With current prices, I don’t think EVs are more economical than a gasser right now. I was lucky to get mine in 2020 before prices were astronomical so it’s definitely saved me some coin.

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
No none of my “firsts” of anything are worth keeping .
Guns girls cars trucks motorcycles tools … still got my first kid , but that’s only ‘cause he won’t leave lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
would love to see pics of your rz350 if you have any
No pics of my bike, but here is one from the internet. 350cc two stroke. Topped out at 115mph. But it was a fun bike to toss around.
1658584958199.png

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor