Halo Projector DIY for my wagon......

Status
Not open for further replies.

gthmcty1

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2010
Hey everyone here is my tiny contribution, as I promised I wanted to make my own halo projector lights because the fake ones that are available. The projector lamps are from The Retrofit Source and they are the Bi=zenon morimoto mini's. I also wanted to make the same for the inside lamps as well because I wanted to have a uniform look!
The ones I am making in this video are for the "dummy" halos but the process for the low/high beams are the exact same I am going to make the exact same cuts using the exact same process hope you enjoy. If you have any questions feel free to ask its all about the sharing!

The projector that I am using for the inside light are the bi-zenon lights from amazon because I am not going to be running high beams in this housing because the outside headlamps will be bi-zenon (both hi/low beam), and the actual halos I am trying to decide if I want the turn signal halo intergrated with the headlight or down low in the turn signal housing......All in all the housings cost me $40 the projectors cost me $25 and the halos will run me $35, for me it's totally worth it if you have driving a vehicle with TRUE projector lamps you know it is worth it!!

PS this is my first speaking video as well as my first time using imovie on my mac!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks for your contribution, Larry.
They look like they're going to be pretty nice. I'll be tuned in to see the final results of how they turn out, and of course, how they function.

gthmcty1

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2010
Thanks! Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end lol, I'll get back on them tonight with a little more trimming and getting them fully mounted.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looks very cool! I'd love to do something like that with the big 5x7 6054 bulbs I am using.

gthmcty1

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2010
While I'm awaiting on things to finish the halo projector, I also had an idea in my head that I had been wanting to try I scrounged up some pennies and bought the supplies needed to make my turn signal mirrors like on the newer cars..... all in all it took about an hour to put what I had in my head to the mirror!

They are brighter than I expected actually, I still have to mount them permanently but you get the idea. I also only used 3 led's I am going to remake the lens to hold 4.

Attachments

• IMG_2940.jpg
    IMG_2940.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 207
  • IMG_2941.jpg
    IMG_2941.jpg
    978.5 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2943.jpg
    IMG_2943.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 183
  • IMG_2944.jpg
    IMG_2944.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 211
  • IMG_2945.jpg
    IMG_2945.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_2946.jpg
    IMG_2946.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 202
  • IMG_2947.jpg
    IMG_2947.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 236
  • Winner
Reactions: 8 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That's a pretty cool idea, man. Nice work.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
That is an awesome idea there!! Safety is always a first with me and with all the idiots on the roads making yourself more visible can only help.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor