Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I know it's a little late in the day, but I wanted to wish all my Canadian friends and members a Happy Thanksgiving.

Reactions: 8 users

John Canon

Apprentice
Apr 19, 2022
Vancouver Canada
Enquiring minds want to know ... Canadian Thanksgiving is in October because the Canadian Harvest occurs earlier in the Fall.

By November we are zipping up our parkas and looking for our snowmobile keys.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Enquiring minds want to know ... Canadian Thanksgiving is in October because the Canadian Harvest occurs earlier in the Fall.

Thanks for the explanation, John. It makes absolute sense.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Great. Now I'm craving turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie, and all the rest of the good stuff...

Oh well, not like I need the weight anyways. Happy Thanksgiving guys.

Reactions: 3 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Thank you Jack!

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hope you all stuffed yourselves well. :friday::giggle: cheers!

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan

Yeah, still going but it is just about done in Saskatchewan. Harvest quite often lasts from late August to November here. No rain this fall greatly sped things up this year. Good food, ate way too much. Thanks for remembering our Thanksgiving.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Amen, and Thank You All. It just being me at the table, the turkey was limited to a single portion of Breast Meat, um, yum, wrapped in bacon and baked in the oven at 350, served with a glass of ice cold Coca-Cola and a whole wheat bagel to propitiate the health nuts. Raisin
Tart for desert. I am not big on mashed sweet potatoes or baked asparagoose or most of the rest of the traditional side dishes. Too much work for just one person. And the turkey came out of the freezer instead of out of the bush, so somewhere a turkey is breathing a sigh of relief.

Nick

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor