Happy Fathers Day !

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there with children young and old. Both here and some whom have passed. I know I will quietly raise a glass to my Old Fella today as I wish he was still here.

One of my favourite lines from him was when my daughter was young and teething. I asked him what he would use to ease the pain. He said a hefty double shot of Rye or better yet some moonshine.... dip your finger in the glass and rub a little on the kids gums. Then he said the rest of it was for him and his ears :) LOL I miss that old man

Most of all; to all the Fathers whom have lost their children before their time, my heart goes out to you. I have a very good friend who is having his first fathers day without his son. Tough morning for sure. He is waiting for the kid to come thru the door or the phone to ring at any moment now... and it wont happen. He is a big tough guy but I could tell when I spoke to him this morning that his heart is breaking.

Enjoy your Dads while you have them !

Reactions: 13 users

83StreetMachine

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2011
Central NJ
Well said, axisg. As a father of two girls, I am blessed and they never fail to lift me up with their smiles and unconditional genuine love.

This year especially, it's the first father's day I'm without my dad. It's something I haven't shared here, but he passed unexpectedly two days after Christmas last year. Needless to say, 2020 has been a year of many firsts for me and my family. But together we forge ahead.

Happy father's day.

IMG_2998.JPG IMG_20190616_133557~2.jpg IMG_20190903_190237.jpg

Reactions: 12 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Happy Fathers Day to all. I’m fortunate enough to still have this old guy with me in my life, I love and respect him so much. He taught me to be the man I am today and I owe so much to him for it.
Love ya dad!!

740FAAB9-8090-44DD-8403-2CD49D9A5B10.jpeg

Reactions: 10 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I am lucky my wife convinced me to have kids. People say I became a nicer person.

And how my ugly *ss pulled this off I will never know:
image000000.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Happy Father's Day guys. Dad's over today and Sean is grilling us up some killer grub...
IMG_3760.jpg

20200621_123131_copy_2016x1134.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Happy Father’s Day, guys! My Dad is alive and well, had dinner with him and Mom last night. Heard from my brothers and my sister this morning. Blessed with a great family. Washed the daily drivers this morning and am goofing off in the pool with a vodka and 7Up stuck in my hand. Pizza on the grill coming up for dinner later on, Pop’s choice.

Enjoy the day!🍺

Last edited:

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I am lucky my wife convinced me to have kids. People say I became a nicer person.

And how my ugly *ss pulled this off I will never know:
View attachment 149501

I have 2 kids and like you I am sure thank goodness they take after their Mom in the looks department. Cute kids you have there !! Surely they will ditch the "vette for something else when your pocketbook allows. " Dad can I take the wagon out ? Me and my friends are just going to go to the movies ? " ROFL

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor