Happy Friday, Everyone! New Member Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2019
Good Evening, fellow G-Body lovers!

My name is Eric and I am brand new to the G-Body forum. I'm living right outside of Denver, Colorado at this time and I work in the IT industry as a field technician. I am a previous owner of two third-gen GM vehicles - a 1989 Firebird Formula with a 350 (with Tuned Port Injection or TPI) and 700R4 transmission when I was only 17 and I had it until I was in the Army for a couple years when I was 21. The other vehicle I had when I was 25 because I missed my Firebird so much and this time I decided on a Chevrolet Camaro RS with a 305 this time because it came with very low miles and a really nice t5 5 speed manual transmission. I am a sucker for manual transmissions and I just adore them (much to the chagrin of my wife lol).

I had made several mods to that car before selling it - the largest would have been the turbo kit I purchased but never actually installed. I had put 3.73s in the rear end after putting on headers, doing some major mods to the TBI (Throttle Body Injection), the injectors, spark plugs, new aluminum heads after putting on some better valve springs and lower compression pistons after having raised the compression ratio previously because I was planning to put on a 6766 turbo. I didn't know much about turbos at the time as I mostly learned about superchargers growing up, but I am very interested in turbocharging now which is why I am looking at finding a chassis that I can grab preferably the 4.8l LS motor and T56 manual transmission to go ahead and then strap the boost on ;).

So, I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you all a bit about me and my plans! My wife and I are starting our family but I have been saving for my project which will turn into my daily driver and double as a track car :D. I have always adored the El Caminos as well as the Monte Carlo G bodies - particularly the 1986-88 models for some reason... I just love that Monte Carlo grill. I also love the Buick Regal/Grand National/GNX turbos as they have just lovely lines just like the Monte Carlos and El Caminos. Those are my favorites, what do most of you fellas like? Are you fans of forced induction or do you prefer straightforward naturally aspirated vehicles? Are you also manual junkies or do you prefer automatic transmissions? I am eager to get to know all of you and learn as much as possible! It is a pleasure to meet all of you and thanks so much if you've made it this far in my first post.

Sincerely,
Eric

TL;DR - Wanted to introduce myself - I'm a big fan of G-Bodies and I am looking for an El Camino or Monte Carlo to run an LS and T56 transmission swap :). Great to be here and I can't wait to learn from all of you who probably all know much more than I do about forced induction vehicles!

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Welcome and thanks for your service from another Army vet! I've always had a 2 door Malibu.. been thru three of them but kept my current car since I bought it while I was in the Army back in 94. I'm guessing you're a sloppy fan? I am!

Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Welcome from Iowa. I have a factory Turbo Monte Carlo. Revamped of course!

Feb 22, 2019
Thank you all for your warm welcome! I am extremely excited to be here. My wife can't stand my love for vehicles that she claims I always need to "tinker with" - however, does anyone's wife understand their love for cars? :D I guess it's one of those things in our DNA. Anyhow, I hope you're all having a great Saturday morning so far. I am already on my hunt for a G Body this weekend, but hey I'm always looking ;). Have a great day!

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Eric, welcome from bourbon country. Thanks for the proper introduction, hopefully you'll find a decent G out in CO.
I've always loved the sleek look of the Monte SS, but I've had my 87 Cutlass since 2001. It's been through the ringer, and currently getting an LS swap but with a 4L80E behind it.
Keep us posted when you locate something, and for now here are a couple shameless pics....
Scott
20181222_104224.jpg
20190220_230944.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard, Eric.
Sounds like you had a few nice rides. Considering you're in the market for a G-body car, why not consider a wagon. You can always turn it into a family hauler/ hot rod. They're utilitarian and practical. Although, nice ones are becoming harder to find....they're still out there.

Reactions: 2 users

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
Greetings from Castle Rock. Maybe we'll see you at Bandimere or the Golden Cruise this summer.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Get as much work done in the next 8 months. Otherwise in will take yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaars. Ask me how I know. Navy parolee from New Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor