Happy Independence Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
To all the great G Body Forum members saluting the Stars and Stripes today - Happy 2 -4 -1!

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 10 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thank you, Ed.
How come it takes a Canadian member to come forward and wish us a Happy July 4th? In any case. Happy 4th of July to all our members.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Happy 4th to all and try to remember and teach The Young what it's actually about without it we would all be eating something called spotted dick? And saying cheerio being from Jersey I'd rather eat Cheerios for breakfast and be quick to call someone a dick on the spot thank you us Constitution for keeping me free

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
'MERICA DAY BABY!!!! Happy 4th to all you guys!!!!

My 70 year old dad took a selfie showing off his shirt for the day lol! He rocks!
20170704_151434.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Thank you, Ed.
How come it takes a Canadian member to come forward and wish us a Happy July 4th? In any case. Happy 4th of July to all our members.

Didn't you start the "Happy Canada Day" thread? ;)

Enjoy that well deserved independence today folks it came at great expense and shouldn't be squandered.

Going to get in my Chebby pick-up now and drive home in my little piece of America!

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Didn't you start the "Happy Canada Day" thread? ;)

Enjoy that well deserved independence today folks it came at great expense and shouldn't be squandered.

Going to get in my Chebby pick-up now and drive home in my little piece of America!
Mike,
I certainly did start the Happy Canada day thread...I figured someone had to...;)
You are so right about appreciating the holiday and what it stands for in the history of our country.
Thank you again. :friday:

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
'MERICA DAY BABY!!!! Happy 4th to all you guys!!!!

My 70 year old dad took a selfie showing off his shirt for the day lol! He rocks! View attachment 69810
Scott,
Your dad looks like a cool guy...I was about to say "cool old guy", but he's not that much older than I am...cool shirt btw.

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Scott,
Your dad looks like a cool guy...I was about to say "cool old guy", but he's not that much older than I am...cool shirt btw.
Honestly Jack, my pops is a pretty awesome guy! He's about a big of a jokester, and acts like a big kid lol! Not to mention for being 70 he's in good health and can run circles around most people half his age!

He usually gets a new 'MERICAN shirt every year, and vietnam vet stuff for memorial weekend.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Honestly Jack, my pops is a pretty awesome guy! He's about a big of a jokester, and acts like a big kid lol! Not to mention for being 70 he's in good health and can run circles around most people half his age!

He usually gets a new 'MERICAN shirt every year, and vietnam vet stuff for memorial weekend.
Scott,
Good for him. I'm glad to hear that he's in good health and a happy go lucky guy. He looks like he'd be the life of the party. He reminds me of a guy I know...with a wicked sense of humor.
Is your dad a car guy?

• Agree

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Scott,
Good for him. I'm glad to hear that he's in good health and a happy go lucky guy. He looks like he'd be the life of the party. He reminds me of a guy I know...with a wicked sense of humor.
Is your dad a car guy?
Oh yeah, he bleeds gear oil too. He is actually a veteran diesel mechanic...been at the same place for 45 years! He began the trade when in the Army before/during/after his tour in Vietnam working on tanks, deuce and a halves, etc. He is the one responsible for my love of wrenching!!!! My younger brother and i were helping do engine swaps at 9 or 10 years old.

He is really big into vintage and unlimited hydroplane boat racing....his dad got him into that when he was a youngster.

The crazy part....my mom used to drag race a 69 chevelle ss 396 competitively in the late '60s!!! She still has her fire jacket.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor