Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hey guys,
I'd like to wish you all a very Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year.
Hope all your projects turn out well and are completed in a reasonable time period.
All the best! :friday:Cheers!

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Sorry...it looks like there's two threads going. Well, I guess we can't have too many good greetings to see in the New Year.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
Happy New Year Everyone, Be safe. Sara and I both have bad colds, So we are staying in with the dogs tonight. Lot's of fireworks around here, It really freaks them out.
18402916_10213775727415841_7641663145195401814_n.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have never figured out what the big deal is, if anyone can let me know if tomorrow is any different than today please let me know....call me a kill joy but to me it's just another ploy to get the money out of your pocket, make you wear silly hats and kiss strangers. I'd rather stay warm, get to bed at my usual time tonite and save my money to enjoy in the summer when I am camping....:cool:

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: 4 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I have never figured out what the big deal is, if anyone can let me know if tomorrow is any different than today please let me know....call me a kill joy but to me it's just another ploy to get the money out of your pocket, make you wear silly hats and kiss strangers. I'd rather stay warm, get to bed at my usual time tonite and save my money to enjoy in the summer when I am camping....:cool:

Yep. Pretty much. Like every other commercialized holiday (which is most of them, anymore). Hey, I'll take a day off when I can get it.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
To me it's not about all the fanfare and bullshit. It's more about seeing the new year in with good wishes. Kind of like christening a new boat, or something of that nature.
The days of getting together, partying with a bunch of people and getting blasted are long gone. I admit, they were fun times, but we all grow up, become more responsible... and our values change.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have to add that I hope those who do celebrate the New Year festivities enjoy themselves, stay safe and warm. And thanks to those who wish us all well....:)

Also, if you are out drinking set up cab rides or as my kids do if they get stuck some place they can call me even though they know I'm sleeping. Another thing if you have a party at your place make sure those who leave are not driving if they have been drinking cause if anything happens to them on the way home you can be held responsible.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor