Happy Veterans Day

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
"Son, would you like to see the world, enjoy exotic places and earn some money while doing it?" End up in Korea by the DMZ and freeze your b.... off. No clothing stops that cold wind from the north.
Few guys found some of the local girls to keep them warm and even brought them home with them haha.

Reactions: 1 user

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
I think it shows the novelty has worn off after all these years. Public/personal display seems to only be with vets & family members mostly. Commercial display is there with offering vet deals, but not as much. Even when I went over to the school for the Veterans assembly we didn't have the numbers show like years past (still Covid affected?) But on a positive note, the 6th grade kids that did the meet & greet along with being the main kids to set it up were showing some excitement seeing someone in dress uniform showing up (I was the only one to do so.) If they schools would teach a little more on the not so nice parts of American history might let the younger generation see what our fellow vets did to preserve freedom & the lives of their fellow unit members might make them more supportive of those who do what they won't want to do.
I agree with you somewhat (until recently i agreed 100%) but It's on us as parents to raise our kids. I'm done blaming others. My sons school did nothing for veterans day(even tbough its right next to and named after stout field armory) but that didnt matter. We took him to my cousins grave. He played "proud to be an American" ( was jesses favorite and played at his funeral). Held his tear back and told him thanks.
He loves America and knows he's one of the luckiest people on earth to have been born here. And that non of that was free. He didnt learn that at school. Weve(family) had to indoctrinate him before the public does the opposite.
I know I'm late, but a huge thank you from my family to you vets on here. Your sacrifice hasn't gone unnoticed by all youngsters.

Reactions: 5 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I'm forever grateful for the men and women that have given their lives and made sacrifices for my freedom,it kills me when it comes time to get to the polls and be heard some people won't vote for one reason or another.i don't know if they realize that by passing on this freedom that all the actions from everyone serving past and present have been for nothing.without their actions and sacrifices this country would be a much much different way of life.
thank you for choosing a path in life to keep the rest of us and our way of life safe.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I agree with you somewhat (until recently i agreed 100%) but It's on us as parents to raise our kids. I'm done blaming others. My sons school did nothing for veterans day(even tbough its right next to and named after stout field armory) but that didnt matter. We took him to my cousins grave. He played "proud to be an American" ( was jesses favorite and played at his funeral). Held his tear back and told him thanks.
He loves America and knows he's one of the luckiest people on earth to have been born here. And that non of that was free. He didnt learn that at school. Weve(family) had to indoctrinate him before the public does the opposite.
I know I'm late, but a huge thank you from my family to you vets on here. Your sacrifice hasn't gone unnoticed by all youngsters.
We too are teaching the Jr. Mechanic so he knows about his family members who served. We have family service dating back to the Revolutionary War which I him to really learn about what our family has done for this nation. He is proud of my service. His school promotes honoring vets as there may not be may teaching but they do have their own family memebers that they honored along with the kid's family members. Not sure how it is in the other schools in the district but our school is remembering.

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor