Harbor Freight got some forgetful product packers.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Yesterday I decided to pick up one of their Doyle rivet nut tools (58078) since I've needed to get one. Bring it home & open it up to find that it was missing the M8 head but had the other five & all six sizes og rivet nuts. Fine, going back to mall for the cruise this evening so I figured it could be swapped out when we got there. Easy swap, went to grab another but decided to check it out at the register. This one was missing the M8 too. Hmm. Go grab the last one left & check it out too for the same result, missing the M8. I'm guessing if they had more they all would be missing it. But I have to give them credit that atleast it had the storage container for it.
homer simpson doh GIF

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Wow. Just wow. Is the M8 popular? People buying one, taking the M8 out, bringing it back btching about the M8 being missing... etc.

Packers sometimes suck. I bought over hundreds of dollars worth of Sears Craftsman tools a long while back when I was still working. I got them for the crew. On sale, lots of big sized hand wrenches. The foot long or better wrenches. you know the ones. Anyway, when UPS delivers it to the plant, there's a hole in the end, there are 3 separate 4 x 6 air puff bags in the big box, and only like 1/3 of the tools. ALL LOOSE!!! I'm like, holy friggin' sh*t!! Company credit card, but I was so po'd at Sears for the way they packaged them. Got to give them credit though, they did credit me the inventory I sent them of the missing tools.

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
I bought a steering wheel puller set that was missing the u shaped part for compressing the lock plate. It was in the picture on the box, and there was a place molded in the case for it.
I didn't bother to return it because I had it for a couple months before opening it.

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
I bought an Pittsburg Pro socket set to through in the shed as a backup and to take to the pull-a-part. It was missing the smallest SAE socket in the set but in its place was an extra 10mm. For once this was a win. If there is a socket that will get lost etc. it is that 10 mm.

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

vandyman

Apprentice
Jul 16, 2017
Lol.. I agree.

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
I bought an Pittsburg Pro socket set to through in the shed as a backup and to take to the pull-a-part. It was missing the smallest SAE socket in the set but in its place was an extra 10mm. For once this was a win. If there is a socket that will get lost etc. it is that 10 mm.
And you'll never strip or break a bolt with one of those Pittsburgh sockets...

However I've stripped the centers out of at least 5 sockets now. Lol.

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
And you'll never strip or break a bolt with one of those Pittsburgh sockets...

However I've stripped the centers out of at least 5 sockets now. Lol.
Not a huge fan of the sockets, they are a step above the no names and HF does stand behind their warranty no questions asked. But I have been impressed with the ratchets. I have the 72 tooth that came with the small set is smooth and has little drag. I bought a flex head ratchet and it has been the go to ratchet for some odd angle areas. Also bought one with three joints in the handle. All smooth, 72 tooth and little drag. I know they are not rebuildable but when they where out there is the warrantee. If lost they are less than $20 to replace.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor