Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 1 users

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
That's with C heads. I will be using new Edelbrock.
The external dimension of the heads is the same regardless of Iron or Aluminum. I'm using the rocker arm studs advertised for use in Aluminum Head, the Edelbrocks should use this same exact stud. I had to modify the heads to accept those studs.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I have HS Rockers in C- Heads and I was able to get the stock valve covers to fit (sort of). You need Crower 86050S-16 Polylocks assuming you're running 7/16 rocker arm studs. I did not use a spacer or double gaskets just the Mahle thick rubber VC gaskets (Fel Pro has them too). While it did fit the baffle contacted the top of the polylock that contact amplified the valve train noise making my engine sound horrible. Just drill out the baffle where the Polylock makes contact and you should be fine. Initially I thought I messed up my valve lash somehow, and after relashing and still hearing the noise, I tossed on some stock height Mr. Gasket Chrome Valve Covers and voila the noise was gone and have been too busy to bother with modifying the baffles on my stockers.

You can see here how these PolyLocks don't protrude up too high:
49119488412_12b355d5ed_c.jpg

When I bought these heads I had the chance at getting the 455 that went with it; and at the time passed because I was wrongly informed the 455 wouldn't fit with the condenser installed. Could've saved myself a ton of time and $$$$.
Is this on a 403?

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Is this on a 403?
Yup! C headed 403. I also had to machine the head bolt holes to 1/2” to fit on the 403. Pretty much a clone of Mark Remmel’s recipe on ROP. (Mine has .030 over ractech pistons his are .060 over KB HYPEREUTECTIC).

A lot of info out there said that roller rockers won’t fit in the stock VCs but with Right locks and a little drilling they can!

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I uploaded a photo of the stock valve cover baffle (307 & 403 were identical) the older VCs May be different. If you look closely you can see where the locks contact AND the back of rocker arms. I’m sure a tiny bit of hammering or cutting and you would be good to go.

Attachments

• 49A12BE7-1A8A-4879-A5FB-505B06D9EA0B.jpeg
    49A12BE7-1A8A-4879-A5FB-505B06D9EA0B.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 130
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor