CUTLASS Harness nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasCutlass

Apprentice
Sep 22, 2020
I've spent a couple days already trying to find my temp sensor connector but still nothing. Today I got off work and decided to try again but nothing so now I'm just going to pull the whole harness. Poor car has been butchered by previous owners so a harness repair was needed anyways. I started labeling plugs so far to make things easier. Anyone have any tips/advice or any recommendations on where to get good deals on wire or plugs? Its a buick v6.
20200925_181227.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

TexasCutlass

Apprentice
Sep 22, 2020
Can anyone help me out, I have 2 questions...

1. What are these 2 plugs for? I want to say some efe or smog stuff since I see no where to plug in and previous owner removed all the stuff.

2. Inside the harness loom I found what I'm assuming is the temp sensor plug I've been looking for. Its a 2 pin plug black and yellow. My temp sensor is a single pin sensor. Question is, can I just swap in a 2 pin sensor and plug n play?
20200930_172227.jpg

TexasCutlass

Apprentice
Sep 22, 2020
I ordered a service manual for my car so I'm hoping it helps me figure a lot of this stuff easier instead of having to research for hours and still not finding answers.

TexasCutlass

Apprentice
Sep 22, 2020
Let me get your opinion, previous owner has removed all smog stuff, efe, charcoal canister, air pump etc. Will this car ever run right without it or am I wasting my time? Im hoping I don't have to replace everything that is missing.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I pulled the computer out of my '81Monte after it fail & the 229 V6 ran fine with out it. It actually was used with out the computer in it by the mechanics at the PepBoys I worked at in the '90's to pass a couple of '94 Fords that were a year & couldn't pass the then Pa emission test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor