Has anybody installed Fitech fuel injection system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tofast4U

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 8, 2019
Curios if anybody has upgraded to the fuel injection system they have out now. I see one at Summit for 749.00 right now on sale.

spicercars

Greasemonkey
Jan 7, 2019
Saginaw MN
I don't think that price includes the fuel pump and accessories.

shawn1112

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2017
Have heard nothing but good things.
When I eventually do my swap I will be using one.
But I'm going with the complete kit for $1500

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I'm not necessarily a fan of the fuel system they offer. It can easily be done with a GN/TBI Monte fuel sending unit and new lines. It's much cleaner with less failure points IMO.

spicercars

Greasemonkey
Jan 7, 2019
Saginaw MN
I'm glad to see the systems are coming down in price.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I have a Holley Super Sniper. Works pretty well for the money. I would build your own in the tank fuel pump system before using a complete kit. Go with a little bigger pump than you need. The kit they are selling is for lazy people that do not know anything or want to research it.

Reactions: 1 user

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
I was getting read to pick up the newish “ultimate ls kit” they have. There was a guy local to me selling me new in the box for cheap. After a couple day looking it up I have read nothing but horror stories about fitech’s customer support. They never answer their phones. Give nasty attitude and such. Now to me that wouldn’t be a pro if the product was good, but on top of the bad support I read they are having a lot of ecm failures. I also spoke to a couple local shop and got the same feed back. Since the new terminator x has came and that the route I will be taking now.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
I would like to run a boost ready setup from them. Easier to interact with than a stock ECM and some self learning is a plus. I'm not interested in the fuel center or whatever they call the mini keg looking thing but it has merit for guys looking for alternatives. There are several alternatives on the market now and I would definitely be doing homework before I bought anything.

• Agree

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
The keg thing is even worse. They discontinued them. Having problems with the units over heating cause some to vapor lock and others melt!

BobinHSV

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 11, 2018
I have one on my El Camino and I have had excellent service with it. If you look at all of the negatives, you will see that they didn't read the instructions or did some bone head stunt to cut corners. A FI system requiring only 4 wires is so simple it's a snap to install. I had an injector fail and FiTech had me a new one in 2 days. Took 5 minutes to R & R the bad one. I have no problems with FiTech. I have a Buick Roadmaster Station Wagon fuel tank and stock hi press pump/sender unit. Factory unit works great and the plastic tank is about half the weight of the metal one. You can also use a tank/pump from a V6 FI unit by replacing the lo press pump with a hi press one. I would not use any of FiTech pumps except new tank with built in pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor