Has anyone dyed Maroon/Claret/Burgundy Seats/Cloth

Status
Not open for further replies.

QS442

Master Mechanic
Sep 20, 2011
DE
I am interested in seeing if anyone had success dying maroon seats. Everyone knows that this color is the worse when it fades. Before I attempt to put time into dying the seat fabric and door panel fabric, I would like to hear feedback and see others results.

Last edited:

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I dyed the top of my rear seat in my SS because it was faded very bad. I used the correct claret paint from Mike's Montes and just started applying light coats until it looked close. I can't imagine trying to do a whole seat. Would take a lot. I just did mine as a temporary fix until this winter when the seats get redone in vinyl.

QS442

Master Mechanic
Sep 20, 2011
DE
Any recommendations on color or brand of fabric dye? I'm looking for oldsmobile claret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor